• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most Embarressing MA Moment!

falling how do you say it off the highest ballance pole, im not sure what it called in english, i fell about 6 ft and broke my ankle, with a bone through my skin, I found this very embarrasing as i was the first person to get up there in the morning, and it was infront of my teacher, but there is one thing i am happy that that happened for,

whenever i get hurt in anyway in a practice or match, i just remember how i hurt my ankle and i almost not notice the pain.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It`s not quite in the league of some of these, but I thought I`d share something that happened to me. I have been training at the same club since I was 10 (I am now 25 - though only a green belt because there were long gaps inbetween).

I have a sister who is 5 years younger than me and when I was 20 (and she 15 and a couple of belts below me) I would spa with her and always fake punches to her face, telling her to keep her guard up. Later on I got bogged down with university studies and she trained regularly. Then, when I went back, I was sparring with her again and I went to throw a punch, only to be met with a fantastic right hook. I was surpirsed and asked "what happened there?" - Only to be told that I should keep my guard up!

Guess it does pay to train regularly. :-)

There wouldn`t be any flowers if it wasn`t for the rain.

Well another one about "letting loose"...a friend of mine who is new, is trying to make a good impression to our dojo and to our instructor...and so anyways he alks past sensei ont he mat and let's a BIG one loose, he just looks at sensei, he laughs, and says "I think I squished a frog under the mat or something".

• 3 weeks later...

it was right before class and i went over to a hanging punching bag, and did a roundhouse kick my head hight. I guess I did it too hard, I fell on my butt right in front of everyone in my class. boy, i was thinking of just laying there and not getting up.

Ju Jitsu

Kenpo

Pressure Point Fighting

Capoeira

Some of these were great stories ... some sounded very familiar, too. I don't get embarrassed very often so I don't have a most embarrassed story for you. But I wanted to thank you for sharing yours.

I needed a good giggle.... the ladies panties flying wins over my Instructors support cup zooming by my feet one night doing flying front kicks.

"There is a time in every mans education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse,... " Emerson

86years in the making..... Red Sox World Champs.....

Oopgrub-

I know how that feels. I did about the exact same thing, only I bounced right up (it was only my second ever class) and was attempting to murder the bag again before Sensei even had time to turn around. He thought I had to have gotten a concussion or something, because my head smacked pretty hard.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

We were practicing tumbling with one of those huge plastic balls. You would use the ball to help you tumble, and then let it fly out of your arms when you came up. I was the highest belt in class, so my instructor had me demonstrate it. Well, I let go of the ball, but it went in the wrong direction! It bounced into a 6 ft. trophey, which would have fallen and broken had I not jumped up and caught it before it hit the ground! I still haven't figured out how I got across the room so fast! :lol: :karate:

When peace, like a river, attendeth my way. When sorrows like sea billows roll. Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, 'It is well, it is well with my soul.'

ive farted a few times in lesson but just laughed it off even tried to blame my girl (now ex) for one of them. ive also slipped and fell on my * in the college gym when doing a roundhouse kick to the bag but i got up and didnt turn around but im sure sum1 must have been laughing. my kickboxing lessons are really relaxed and for the first year i called my sensei by his first name and he and no one ever said that there wa anything wrong but when i was grading i asked the sensei who was grading me to repeat what he said and i called him by his first name and he called me up on it but i didnt know what i had done wrong he kept saying what did you call me and i was like ralph have i got your name wrong? and then he said what do you call him pointing to my sensei then i said errol after what seemed like for ever i realised that i was ment to call him sensei damn i was well embarrassed. a month or two after that when my sensei and a few of us students were chatting one student who was at the grading exposed me and i got all embarrassed again :bawling: :blush: lol

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

It was a cold foggy night, I stepped into to dojo preparing to test for my 1st Degree Brown belt stripe (Black Belt Candidate), so I'm practicing my spin hook kick over and over again, our dojo was carpeted :o so I loose balance on my supporting leg, and I snap to my backside :brow: there's 10 of us maybe with all there family members onlooking, so I start doing situps like I had it planned, but I was embarrassed and laughing at the same time....

Best regards,

Jack Makinson

We were doing one on one kumite in class one day when my opponent and I ( both shodans) did spinning wheel kicks at the same instant.

Needless to say that we both ended up back to back with one leg stuck on the others shoulder bouncing on on leg each until our laughing Sensei helped us.

LOL!

OSU!