• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Charge?

This is questions to MA instructors.How much do you regularly charge students? and is the job of a instructor a steady paid job? i plan to open up my own dojo one day.

''I know what your thinking.........did I shoot you 3 times? or did I shoot you 472 times?''

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Depends on the location.

Im in Southren WV a poor state we usully do 30.00 a month. But Big Cities like Philly may run you a few hundred a week.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

I charge $40/month for 4 hours of instruction/week. My classes are small and I can't say I really make any profit from them...nor do I want to.

I don't think the majority of sensei's actually make their living teaching the arts. It's more for the love of the art...or a meager secondary income.

But then again, there are thosethat use contracts and have fancy dojo's that are making a living at it. To each their own.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

I charge $45 a month, but that is because I run my classes out of a YMCA. Almost half of that money goes to them anyway, and not to me, butthat's not why I'm doing it there.

If I wanted to run a commercial school, I'd have to charge a minimum of $75 a month just to pay the bills, and most schools in my area approach $100 a month.

We charge $109.00 a month for 2-4 classes a week. There is the owner then me, a full time instructor. A full time program director and then 3 paid part time instructors. No, I don't make a lot of money teaching but there is the potential to depending on how hard we work to make the school grow just like any other business.

we don't charge on a fixed time basis...we charge per class and sell them in blocks of 100(freshman), 150(sophmore), 250(junior), 475(black belt club). The classes get cheaper when you purchase more of them. Example, the freshamn class is $12.44/class, and the BBC is $8/class. So the more you buy, the more you save...

I've always hated buying in time blocks...if I were to buy a three month membership where you can go 3 times a week for an hour each time, and go on vacation for a week, I would lose the opportunity to take as many as 12 hours of instruction in that time slot. That just doens't suit me. With our setup, if you have to go on injured reserve, LOA, vacation, whatever, the classes are still there. The students still pay monthly for the tuition, but it's calculated with the downpayment and payment time for the program...ex., freshman program- 100 classes at 12.44/class= $622, over 6 months(half of the time for the program) is $102/ mo.(less depending upon the downpayment) The Black belt program is $8/class at 475 classes=$3800, spread over 4yrs is $79/mo. So you can see the savings benefit frm choosing the BBC, but there are other benefits, like discounts in the pro shop, you can take unlimited classes whereas the regular programs you can take a max of 3/wk, and a BBC class every week where extra curriculum is taught and is voted upon by the students at the beginning of each yr., such as knife fighting, knife throwing, grappling, throwing/judo, weapons, etc.

uh, I tink I rambled on a bit there, but I hope it helped you...I'm on 3 hours of sleep in 3 days, so sorry for the loquaciousness.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

I charge $60 a month in a market where the average is $100. I guess I could charge more but then there is the possibility of some one not doing it , who really wants to, because of the money. All i care about is covering my expenses if I don't make any profit thats cool.

I charge $85/month in a market where the average is about $95. I provide my students with a very nice facility, plenty of training equipment, and a full schedule of classes available 6 days per week.

Most of the owner/instructors in our organization make a decent middle-class income, and a few that are exceptional instructors and good promotors make a very good living.

While you probably won't get "rich" teaching martial arts, it's very rewarding to do what you love for a living and to pass on your knowlege to so many people. The thrill of seeing that once "akward" student change before your eyes and pass his first belt test is awesome! Getting to make a very positive impact on children is a wonderful responsibility, and very satisfying.

likulhi

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.