• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I was playing Scrabble last night...

Patrick

As Jiggy says everything derives from something else and ever word comes from somewhere...Which is why we have to decide on a dictionary to use to decide whether something is valid so we save our sparring for the dojo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Such wisdom Gloi. It helps if everyone has the same dictionary too.

I had a 5th grade teacher that would not let us say yeah or ain't. Would love to see her in a game of scrabble with the dictionary as the final judge of whether or not it is a word. Because they are both is the dictionary.

I'm angry with my dictionary right now, I don't believe it knows squat about what a real word is. After a heated argument with a friend about whether people who use the UNword "irregardless" should be shot, I brandished my dictionary at him--and it was in there!! I've crossed it out, of course, but clearly it's not fit to be considered an authority on anything.

I know that I don't suck at Scrabble but for some reason every time I play the online version of the game, I end up losing. I even lost to my friend, whose vocabulary is somewhat shall we say lacking. Anyways no offense to her but I am just a bit puzzled since I usually do fairly well in real life.

Of course, I don't think anyone really cares, but hey I'm bored :razz::P

'Conviction is a luxury for those on the sidelines'

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'