• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Knife hand blocks

delli04

I know its crazy isn't it? My student swore though that his former teacher taught it that way. What could I do? I didn't want to bash the teacher so I kindly said that I had never heard of that and I would look into it. The thing is, common sense tells us that is a terrible way to do it. What on earth could that teacher have been thinking? Oh wait, he probably wasn't. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have to agree. If we did that around my Sensei, whoever did it would be doing push-ups for quite a while.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

I know its crazy isn't it? My student swore though that his former teacher taught it that way. What could I do? I didn't want to bash the teacher so I kindly said that I had never heard of that and I would look into it. The thing is, common sense tells us that is a terrible way to do it. What on earth could that teacher have been thinking? Oh wait, he probably wasn't. :)

Well, you can just state that in your club, the figers are closed for swordhand. Follow up by your own reasoning. As for the "open pinky" part, just say you can't really see an application for it, although his/her former instructor might have had one.

Once again a teacher may be maligned because of a stupid student...

There is some controvesy on non-martial art, self defence forums who call it an edge of hand blow, about whether the thumb should be tucked in like karate or flagged out, away from the hand.

I bet this was it.

Once again a teacher may be maligned because of a stupid student...

There is some controvesy on non-martial art, self defence forums who call it an edge of hand blow, about whether the thumb should be tucked in like karate or flagged out, away from the hand.

I bet this was it.

it is possible

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...