• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

advanced kicking teckniques help.

okay, i have been doing WTF taekwondo for four years and i personally think im really good. i can do splits, jump pretty high, kick really fast and so on and so forth... the only things that i cant do in taekwondo are 540 degree kicks or higher degree. for example, i really want to be able to do a 540 degree roundhouse/crescent kick. these kick are really cool and i want to do them. Can anyone pleaese tell me an exercise for doing a 540 roundhoue/crescent. and also, im pretty sure it isnt that im not fast enogh strong enough or flexible enough. i think im just really missing something impirtant like your position or something. i would appreciate it if someone here rels me how they learned and how long it took them to see weather im just not ready yet. i mean did it come the first time u tried because u were really good, or did you practice drills or w/e. thanx 4 reading

When seen by the hawk, the rabbit's life is ended;when my arrow flies, my enemy is already dead.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I tried a few times, but when I would almost get the 540 down, I'd hurt something :( The first time was my hammy, then my knee, ect (injuries didn't happen when I practiced the 540).

Anyways, these sites may help you:

https://www.bilang.com

http://www.trickstutorials.com/

Hope this helps :)

Laurie F

It not about flexibility at all [ i can barely do the splits and i can do a 540 no problem].

Alot of it comes down to leg power and hip movement.

Start facing a certain direction, jump 90degrees left then back, then 180 then back... keep doing this till you reach one you cant do [probably 450] and go the other way

keep alternating and practice this every other day or more often, also do "burpees" or "unleashing the lion" exercise - i can post a diagram if you dont know what these are, also just before you lift off flick your hips round in almost a jerking motion to starthe rotation, and to start with try lying in the air while spining.

[oh since u wtf try practic doing a narabam the landing on the kicking foot!]

Hope some of that ranomd stuff helps, its too early and im tired so it probably came out all screwed up, if it makes no sense ill edit it later :D

Like he said already its not about flexibility at all. Its about momentum and centrifigual force. I cant do the splits but I can do a 540 and a 720.

First you have to break it down.

1. Start with your right leg back.

2. Step your right leg over until your facing the opposite direction.

- When you step through and put your right leg down you want to

have your right leg slightly bent

3. Then jump up on your right leg and keep your left leg bent into your

body.

-practice just that and spin all the way around when you jump.

4. After you can jump and spin all the way around with that excercise throw the kick in there.

There ya go. :karate:

ur writing made sence but plase explain burpees" or "unleashing the lion" and sorry if i didnt make it clear that i can do the kick i just cant land with the kicking foot. and also, should i jump far or try jumping high; and should my leg kick and then my body should turn, oR opposite?

When seen by the hawk, the rabbit's life is ended;when my arrow flies, my enemy is already dead.