• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

describe your style

My style is called Special Operations Combat Karate (SOCK). It is a mixture of Shotokan,Kenpo,Jujitsu,Boxing,JKD and techniques and tactics taken from the Special Forces. My sensei (founder of the system) was a member of the SF. He developed this system, because he wanted something that was practical and effective. Although the parent arts listed above provide the main source of techniques, my system usese techniques from any style that works. We cross train in some of the BJJ and Muay Thai techniques as well. I would say that the main difference in my system as opposed to others is tactics. We stress tactical awareness and knowledge at an early level. We don't require the learning of kata (we practice them, but they are not required for promotion), and we do dynamic self-defense. My system also requires a student to learn how to use blades, sticks and firearms as our weapons.

"Not every tiger will pounce, but every tiger may!"

K.Mabon

United States Combat Martial Arts Association International

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in Nebraska.

"Not every tiger will pounce, but every tiger may!"

K.Mabon

United States Combat Martial Arts Association International

Kajukenbo Self Defense:(1949-Hawaii)

no nonsense self defense that adapts to the student.Often referred as: the art of dirty street fighting. Nothing is held back.

Karate(tang soo do)- kicks and kicking combinations, knees,etc

judo- throws,sweeps, strangling techniques

jujitsu- groundwork,locks, joint control

kenpo- hard paced punches, elbows, finger jabs, in coherent sequences

Chinese Boxing- fluidity, strikes, some footwork

<> Be humble, train hard, fight dirty

• 2 weeks later...

Traditional Mainland Lineage of Wing Chun.

Forms: Siu Nim Tao, Chum Kiu, Biu Jee, The Wooden Dummy, Sixteen kicks form, 8 Fists Form, 8 palms form.

Weapons: Butterfly Knives, The Pole and Darts.

Strong emphasis on Chi kung/internal training.

There is also solid training in Chin-na and Wing Chun ground fighting.

Intense Chi Sao, including Kum La Chi Sao (Grappling Chi Sao).

Later on in training the tiger elements within Wing Chun become more visible.

Fighting arts that were not effective for fighting and selfdefense, never lasted long enough in martial arts history, to gain the Traditional Martial Arts - TMA - status.

• 2 months later...
Shotokan Karate

You punch things. Sometimes you kick them. Occasionally you hit things with other bits of yourself. It's great fun.

Hhahahahaha, nice one :lol: Mine are a bit along these lines too... Except every so often I throw someone cross a room... :wink:

The first person to call me mate gets a punch in the throat...

• 1 month later...

Miyama Ryu- an attempt at remaining true to the combat ability of the Samurai. Our striking and takedowns are traditional jujutsu applications, and meant to be followed by a finishing move (instead of extended joint manipulation like MMA jujutsu).

Aside from Jujutsu, we train extensively in Kenjutsu, in a very hands on approach. From day one you are attacking and defending with your bokken.

We also utilize alot of Aikido's grips and locks for maintaining control over a specific hand (should the enemy be controlling a weapon).

And we practice much Judo applications to support our Aikido and Jujutsu takedowns.

Our applications are combat oriented; strikes to the throat, armed combat, our joint locks are taught to destroy the joint, not maintain control for a tap-out.

We also attend regular seminars on Jojutsu, and being skilled with the short-staff is a manner of pride within our dojo.

• 2 years later...

Baguazhang- uses circles to confuse opponent on location and then take down opponent with a flurry of palm strikes

Aikido- uses circular movements and leading to throw opponents or lock up their joints

Muay Thai- standup devastating boxing famous for their elbow and knee strikes. I <3 elbows

I am not a fighter, I am a guardian.