• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

describe your style

Thanks for the site, James.

You answered my question. That is kind of what I thought it was about. :) Maybe sometime I can work my way towards your way, and you can give me lesson or something. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be great Bushidoman

I am sure I would learn a great deal from you as well my friend. It would be fun to share information with each other. :)

That would be great Bushidoman

I am sure I would learn a great deal from you as well my friend. It would be fun to share information with each other. :)

I think it would be a grand time. :karate: Maybe, in the future, we can work something out. However, by viewing the descriptions of your system, I think that you may have more to offer me than I to you.

Bring beer, Bushido Man. It's the great equalizer. :D

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

*lurks*

Strike first. 'Til then i will not fight you.

Everytime someone calls JKD a style, Bruce turns over.

Why do I love Bruce Lee? Not because he was an awesome martial artist- but because his train of thought overlapped with mine even before I knew about him.

Thank you karate forums, for introducing me to Bruce Lee

well my actual style is a mix of what i have posted, i do a little bit of drunken monkey, and then when i attack i use kyokushin, but my drunken monkey is hardly noticable, just the drunk steps, and even that is rarely... so i mainly am kyokushin....

"ok, well i must warn you, im an orange belt on karateforums!"

My style is a blend of Kung Fu San Soo--mostly body fighting, with nerve center and soft tissue strikes also--and Shaolin Kempo--more finesse with hand techniques, precision in striking targets, and also some higher kicks. Both are great arts on their own, and I'd be satisfied with either. It's just that I accidentally ended up cross training for about 4 years, and they blended on their own. Call it Kempo Kung Fu.

'Do not do injury, if you can possibly avoid it.' --Tielo, 6th Century

'A man, as long as he teaches, learns.' -- Seneca

• 1 month later...

Shoriniji Kempo translated as Shaolin temple Boxing or fist law.

Supposedbly a mix of many chinese styles of kung fu an akijujitsu, looks more like karate mixed with akijutjutsu tho. We dont chamber our punches. We dont use mats, only when we are teaching lower belts break falls. The styles known for its "embu", which is prearranged fight scenes. Its very popular in the world an in mostly japan, its no where near popularity here in america.

They are an organisation that has strict rules, all branches train the same. They also have a deep philopshy teachings, we focus on self defense with heavy use of pressure points, we dont compete in tourneys, an we do some weird healing as well ( which i have yet to see lol ).