• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hello *waves arm*

Edgard

Hi, I'm new at the forums and would like to introduce myself.

Hello, I am brazilian and live in Brazil, more precisely Brasília, I speak a extremely modest english so please don't be bothered by grammar, spelling etc.

I am BJJ fighter, even tough were I live, there are refered only to jiu-jitsu, no need for the "B"...

I have always had interest in martial arts put only started to class recently because of location and money problems... I can't say I'm poor put I really can't say I'm middle-class.

I am a Basketball player(not a pro, I'm in High School, but I have too team offers right now)

I'm tall, don't know how to say how tall I am in english measurements but it's 1,80 meters or 180 centimeters.

I decided to join this comunity because I was stunned by the information about martial arts here, and it also seemed like a great community.

I'm usually i'm friendly and playful but when it comes to martial arts,my work (I like writing) and basketball I take it very seriously

I like watching Martial arts related movies even if they are "B" or thrash, I can't explain it, I just can't say no to a movie that has martials arts in...

Thank you all for the attention

(Funny enough I only noticed the Intro board now... heh, guess I was blinded by the martial arts ones :))

Carpe Diem or something...

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Hi Edgard! :wave:

Welcome from a Brazilian Jujitsu practitioner!

Really? Nice!

Do you practice there in Hawaii? Or you used to practice?

Just out curiosity(I'm feeling like a complete ignorant asking this), what's Kajukenbo?

*Edgard hides himself in shame*

I practiced BJJ in Hawaii under John Lewis. (Nova Uniao) Charuto was one of the instructors. Unfortunately the school closed but I still practice with friends.

Kajukenbo is an art that was created by 5 masters in Hawaii.

KArate

JUdo, JUjitsu (Japanese style)

KENpo

Chinese BOxing

What works works

I practiced BJJ in Hawaii under John Lewis. (Nova Uniao) Charuto was one of the instructors. Unfortunately the school closed but I still practice with friends.

Kajukenbo is an art that was created by 5 masters in Hawaii.

KArate

JUdo, JUjitsu (Japanese style)

KENpo

Chinese BOxing

Hey your teacher is from Nova União too? Nice! My teacher is João Roque maybe you've heard of him. That style sounds really interessing are all styles taght equally?

*changing subject*Thanks for the welcomes everyone hey, I got welcomed by the webmaster, you guys are making me feel important :D j/k

Edgard asked:

My teacher is João Roque maybe you've heard of him. That style sounds really interessing are all styles taght equally?

I'm not too familiar with the instructors in Brazil but I also had a few lessons with a Brazilian named Joao. He taught on a military base here and was one of Gracie's black belts.

When we do basics in Kajukenbo, it is mostly karate but when we train in self defense techniques, we train in all of the arts equally.

What works works