• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Has China lost it's tradition?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
You can pay to learn at the supposed Shaolin Temple in China. What you learn is questionable but well, different strokes for different folks.

Indeed, Shaolin is built on the Mountain.

The truth is now downhill around the Mountain that

many school claim themselves to be of decent heritage

You can find Shaolin Dollar General, Shaolin Wal-mart,

Shaolin K-mart, Shaolin Dollar General. (Just making

an example)

You never know whether if you can learn something....

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness

However, yes, China did lose basically all REAL Kung Fu. Like they need it; they have Wu Shu now to make up for it.

In Chinese, when talking about martial art, the phrase "Chinese Kung Fu," and "Chinese Wu Shu" actually mean the same thing.

As a Chinese, I would say phrase may be the same.

But not now, Chinese Wu Shu that promoted by Mainland China government. They standardized Kung Fu in flowery way and emphasized on difficulities in "Form" on Jumping and standing one leg after making a difficult stance for 5 second e.g. Long Fist, Soutern Fist, Taiji Fist,stickplay, swordplay. Jet Li is 5 time overall champion for that kind of Wushu demo in China. Surely, he also practise some traditional Kung Fu and Sanda.

This usually make foreigner besides Chinese puzzling.

They use the same phrase e.g. "Taiji" of Wushu cannot fight but "Taiji" of Kung Fu can fight. To be simple, Kickboxing can fight but BoxFit for lady fitness is another thing.

To me, Chinese Kung Fu should refer to those more traditional and combative martial art.

Darkness grants me pair of dark black eye,

Yet I determine to look for Brightness

Some things remain strictly Chinese. Some places, such as many Shaolin temples, will not let someone who is not Chinese study.

Not intirely true i have seen a video of the shaolin temple and they let a canadian stay and study with them, i think they do this with other people to. I dont know what you have to do in order to study there though.

yes i can back this up. a good friend of mine has studied and stayed twice at the shaolin temple. both times for a month.