• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Nunchaku

Tae tom do

Hey pps

does anyone know how to make Nunchaku or know anywhere i can find out

Cause im from australia dn they dont let nunchaku be bought or sold :kaioken: :bawling: but they do allow them to be made :D

so if you could help me out that would be nice casue im really into may martial arts and Nunchakus have always been my favourite weapons :karate:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause im from australia dn they dont let nunchaku be bought or sold but they do allow them to be made

this is incorrect, in certain states, ie) QLD, the department of firearms (i think!) issues licences to instructors for the purchase of nunchuku for the purpose of teaching MA,

other than that, they are extremely illegal-even if they are home made,

dont make your own chukkas until you research the laws in your area, and even then, find an instructor who can teach you.

~ the criminal charges in australia for carrying nunchuku around the streets is comparable to that of carrying a small handgun.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

the laws dont say you cant train with or own chukkas if your with a licenced instructor, you can, but for purposes of MA training only, and so the weapons really not need leave your dojo.

the laws do however dictate that you cant carry chukkas around the streets, or on the backseat of your car, as there is no practical need for them, they are nothing but a weapon, especially in the hands of a trained practitioner.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."

Which martial art uses or trains with nunchaku?

Most (All?) Okinawan systems I think do, plus some Japanese systems. There are a whole lot of other systems or individual instructors that teach it (and other kobudo weapons), and do it so poorly that they shouldn't be allowed to IMHO. These people are my biggest pet peeve's in the arts.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

• 3 weeks later...

i just got a pair of training (foam) nunchuckas for an upcoming seminar... and im going to make my own wooden ones... i am not yet perfect with them... but i hope to get really good with them, i am also willing to put in the time to practise...

i live in Canada... (look to the left of this post) and i am not sure of the laws regarding wooden chucks! i really wannna know! if someone could find out, it would be real good! :)

i just got a pair of training (foam) nunchuckas for an upcoming seminar... and im going to make my own wooden ones... i am not yet perfect with them... but i hope to get really good with them, i am also willing to put in the time to practise...

i live in Canada... (look to the left of this post) and i am not sure of the laws regarding wooden chucks! i really wannna know! if someone could find out, it would be real good! :)

1st bit of advice..toss the kiddie/play "chucks" made out of foam into the garbage. They don't move, feel or react anything like the real thing and you will learn little using them.

2. Call your local police department and ask them. Explain that you are a beginning martial artist and want to know what the laws are that pertain to the possession and carrying of the weapon.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

1st bit of advice..toss the kiddie/play "chucks" made out of foam into the garbage. They don't move, feel or react anything like the real thing and you will learn little using them.

thats all and well... if thats your opinion, but this is not the issue! i still want to use nunchakus, and wooden ones may be illegal! so they arent "Kiddie" or "play" they are FREE and so they are better than nothing and i figure they r a great start on getting good with nunchakus