Worst martial arts movie?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am late for this, but I will defend Billy Blanks...has anyone seen him in BACK IN ACTION with Roddy Piper? Maybe not the best MA in a movie, but good none the less...plus its brutal. BLood and broken bone noises rock.

Or what about him in KING OF THE KICKBOXERS? He was badass in that, and cut. His kicks look awesome and the fights rocked, but it had a chinese fight team design and coordinate the fights.

i would have to agree that "gymkata" was the absolute worst martial arts movie; if it could even qualify as a martial arts movie. although, i did enjoy the kama weapons display at the beginning of the movie. and the chick who played the princess was pretty hot. she's filipina.

Wisdom is knowledge rightly applied. To fight wisely is to rightly apply techniques.

I hate any movie where they show the same dang hit or kick like 7 times in a row, but from different angles just to show how COOL it was :dodgy:

I usually turn them off immediately. Most of Cynthia Rothrock's movies and VanDamme's miovies are like that.

That amnnoys the crap outta me. It's almost like they can't come up with anythign cool, so they show how devastating/awesome/killer/rockin/etc. one particular hit is...and the bad part is that it usually isn't even that great of a move in the first place.

When a man's fortunate time comes, he meets a good friend;

When a man has lost his luck, he meets a beautiful woman.

-anonymous

I hate any movie where they show the same dang hit or kick like 7 times in a row, but from different angles just to show how COOL it was :dodgy:

I usually turn them off immediately. Most of Cynthia Rothrock's movies and VanDamme's miovies are like that.

That amnnoys the crap outta me. It's almost like they can't come up with anythign cool, so they show how devastating/awesome/killer/rockin/etc. one particular hit is...and the bad part is that it usually isn't even that great of a move in the first place.

They do that in Ong Bak, but I loved it becuase for once the movie was cool enough to do that to.

Oh man, there are so many bad ones. Many people would normally never even hear of.

"A life is not important, except in the impact it has on other lives."

-- Jackie Robinson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-- Edmund Burke

• 2 weeks later...
what!?! :o 2 pages in and no ones mentioned blood sport!?! come one, where've you guys been!?! you gotta' love how the fat arrogant biker with no technique almost takes the whole thing. and the music...

"kumite! kumite! kumite! kumite!"

gah... awful...

what about the corny 80s montoge wher hes running around town trying to ditch the cops.

the sceene when van damn tells the reporter "im just trying to be the best i can be"

the butt shot for no apparent reason

the hoky blind "feel the force" type thing

chung lees taking the bikers head band.

quite posible the worst

if not for

1. no retreat no surrender....the ghost of bruce lee trains some kid in an abandoned house

2. gymkata

3. the last dragon

Ack,

Yesterday, I was watching some movie starring Bolo Yeung and the guy who played "Johnny Lawrence" in the first Karate Kid movie. Just... plain... terrible....

In this flick, Bolo Yeung plays the part of the good guy, and is some oddball master of martial arts. He's pursuing a bad guy, who shuts a steel door to prevent Bolo's character from getting to him, so he uses the "chi" force, punches the steel door, and transfers the energy into the bad guy, who just happens to be leaning against that steel door, killing him.

"1. no retreat no surrender....the ghost of bruce lee trains some kid in an abandoned house"

oh man, i know what i'm renting this weekend! :lol:

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• 2 weeks later...

Bloodsport is pretty bad.Its even worse than the 2 in 1 claiming bruce lees in its called Fist of Fear and Touch of Death. This is the movie all one of my friends thinks is the Holyy Grail of MA even though he NOTHING about Martial Arts except oo cus of Bloodsport he can say Kumite WOW! :roll: :roll:. I think this movie is Over rated and people think its classic yeah right Enter the Dragon=Classic, Bloodsport= something a dog left on the lawn

28 movies, 50 years Godzilla is King of the Monsters

"nothing like a good workout" Paul Pheonix