• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm going to pat myself on the back for this one!

SloMo

What are your smoking habits?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What are your smoking habits?

• Never smoked in my life
    • Used to smoke now quit
    • Still a social smoker
    • No if ands or butts I'm a die hard smoker!

Congrats SloMo

If i may ask; did you stop immeadiatly or did it take some time? I find it strange (impressive?) how some people who smoked for years can just stop one day while most try about 20 times and still fail. My father stopped one day after 20 years and never smoked again while with some friends i already lost count on how many times they tried.

btw i never smoked, never saw any reason to start

with it in the first place

It took a couple of tries but it actually wasn't that bad once I made up my mind to do it. It's not that easy a thing to do. Smoking is a sneaky SOB. It get's you physically, mentally and socially!

I also signed on to quitnet.com. I got a lot of support from that site to get me over the rough spots.

TKD WTF/ITF 2nd Dan

"A Black Belt Is A White Belt That Never Quit"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

It has been about 15 years since I quit. I was a very heavy smoker that went through close to 2 packs of king size smokes a day.

I used the Nicoderm patch and managed to quit. I have had one cigarette since.

This was one of the hardest things I ever did to quit smoking. I am glad I did it especially since my eldest daughter is alergic to cigarette smoke.

43 Years old

Blue Belt (7th Kyu) Shorin-ryu

Roberts Karate

You should be very proud of yourself. Anyone who quits smoking should be. My one year will be sometime in March, I'd have to check the calander to be sure. It was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, and I'm still not fully recovered from it. I'm still trying to get my breath back.

Congratulations!!!

I don't smoke, but my parents used to. My dad smoked heavily for probably 40+ years, and last year, he quit cold turkey. He's been clean ever since. He went through mood swings and some weight gain, but he's fine. My mom used to smoke maybe 2 cigs a day, but quit like, 6 days ago. It was about time...

To those who are trying to quit, hang in there! Willpower all the way!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

I'm still somewhat surprised that we don't have at least one smoker. By the law of averages we should have a couple.

We have a couple of smokers in our class ( mostly the newer students ) and one of our Black Belts is a Dr who specializes in lung cancer so she was always talking about the dangers of smoking from a first hand perspective. Nasty stuff.

TKD WTF/ITF 2nd Dan

"A Black Belt Is A White Belt That Never Quit"