• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I'm going to pat myself on the back for this one!

SloMo

What are your smoking habits?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What are your smoking habits?

• Never smoked in my life
    • Used to smoke now quit
    • Still a social smoker
    • No if ands or butts I'm a die hard smoker!

It's now been officially over a year since I quit smoking!!!

I quit for a couple of reasons, but one of them was that it was interfering with my MA training. I think MA is what helped me learn that you can do some pretty difficult things if you put your mind to it!

Any smokers or reformed smokers out there?

TKD WTF/ITF 2nd Dan

"A Black Belt Is A White Belt That Never Quit"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wow, good job on quiting, that must have taken lots of determination. I have never and will never smoke in my life.

I agree, pat yourself on the back, you must feel very good because of this huge accomplishment.

Nicolas

Good job, I quit about 6years ago. You might as well be lighting money on fire if you smoke same thing right? Anyways, I quit cold turkey, just woke up and decided not to smoke one day. I feel better now and love that I can compete at a higher level.

Congrates once again :)

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

Congrats!! My mom tried quitting smoking a few times but could never do it, until she started having breathing problems. I guess that was the motivation she finally needed. Just from seeing how hard it was for her, you should really be proud of yourself! :up: :up:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

Congrats SloMo

If i may ask; did you stop immeadiatly or did it take some time? I find it strange (impressive?) how some people who smoked for years can just stop one day while most try about 20 times and still fail. My father stopped one day after 20 years and never smoked again while with some friends i already lost count on how many times they tried.

btw i never smoked, never saw any reason to start with it in the first place

Congrats on quiting! I have never smoked but I have a 19 yr. old who has taken up the habit. We've been trying to get him to quit and he has been cutting back a lot lately, down to a couple smokes a day. Hopefully he'll be sucessful soon. He is supposed to go to boot camp in july for the Navy and their not allowed to smoke while there. I told him that he would be smart to stop now instead of being forced to stop cold turkey. I think he'll have enough challenges in boot camp without having withdraw from smoking. :)

"If your hand goes forth withhold your temper"

"If your temper goes forth withold your hand"

-Gichin Funakoshi

It's easy to quit, I've quit hundreds of times!

I never was a heavy smoker, not even a pack a week. It's been over 20 years since I've touched one.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes