• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what to do against a opponet wildly swinging?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take the fight to the ground, It is so easy to shoot in and grapple someone that is in a rage and swinging wildly, also by them swinging wildly it tells me they may not know enough to handle themself on the ground. Trust me they will make a mistake(roll over to get up, extend thier arm, etc...) Which will leave them open to armlocks and/or chokes.

The ground is my ocean, I am a shark and you can't swim.

Hey Roy I was just in Tn yesterday, but do you think going to the ground on purpose is a good thing in a street fight with the other guy possible having some heavy booted friends around? I can only say that if I have to ever defend myself against a grappler in the street that I have more friends than he because if this is the case I will win, or at least go home in better contition. It has been said that the one who will win a street ground fight is the one whos friends get there first. I know this is not always the way it works but to be honest I do not want to roll on the ground unless there is just no other choice, this may come in the form of a better striker beating me to everything I can do or I trip and or am taken down. The street is not the training hall and the rule change greatly when the rules are gone.

Survivor

"Take the fight to the ground, "

no no no no no no no. Baaaaaaaaaad plan. The best choke takes 3-5 secs to ko an opp IF you get it on properly. Thats if you ko them. If not then how do you release them safely without them trying to stop you again? And what do you do in your highly reduced level of mobility and visibility when their friend joins in? And have you seen how much rubbish and broken glass is on the floor of the average street/nightclub? Even if you manage to ko them (which is often judged illegal in the UK once you have them restrained) you then have to get off up the ground while possibly while facing their pals. If you are in a proffessional situation (ie doorman) restraint may be the best option, if you are talking about self-defence its generally going to be the worst. Whatever you decide to do make sure it is fast and you can do it effectively without hesitation which is all done through correct training (including shock/BAR and flich reflex).

Dan

"Take the fight to the ground, "

no no no no no no no. Baaaaaaaaaad plan. The best choke takes 3-5 secs to ko an opp IF you get it on properly. Thats if you ko them. If not then how do you release them safely without them trying to stop you again? And what do you do in your highly reduced level of mobility and visibility when their friend joins in? And have you seen how much rubbish and broken glass is on the floor of the average street/nightclub? Even if you manage to ko them (which is often judged illegal in the UK once you have them restrained) you then have to get off up the ground while possibly while facing their pals. If you are in a proffessional situation (ie doorman) restraint may be the best option, if you are talking about self-defence its generally going to be the worst. Whatever you decide to do make sure it is fast and you can do it effectively without hesitation which is all done through correct training (including shock/BAR and flich reflex).

Dan

I could take someone down, mainitain knee on belly to strike at will,simply hold them down, break their arm or choke them out and still have 95% of the visibility and mobility I would If I were standing up straight.

If someone comes up behind you standing or on the ground you are goingot get clocked...i can back away form knee on belly and move just about as fast as I could if i were standing.

as far as broken glass he would be the one on it since the only thing touching the ground on my part would be one of my feet.

I thought that this was a one on one question, I would still take them to the ground and as TJS stated, Knee to belly is a very good position to be in as you can see what is going on around you and cannot be hit by the guy on bottom. If this were a 1 on 1 situation, I would just assume be in the guard most punchers make very bad mistakes while in the guard because they feel that their position is superior, even if it is uncomfortable. Besides I personally am not a great stand up fighter, I can usually hang with anyone for a few seconds until it is taken to the ground.

The ground is my ocean, I am a shark and you can't swim.

I would just assume be in the guard most punchers make very bad mistakes while in the guard because they feel that their position is superior, even if it is uncomfortable.

While I feel I could arm bar/choke or sweep the avg joe pretty easily I would still much rather be on top When there are punches involved.

Hey Roy you are a pretty bad dude huh? :brow: But just for conversation lets say it was another skilled fighter, ground or mma or just a well trained san shou fighter, would it be so easy then? :-? I know that most people are not trained but in real life you have to think about the what if. In San Shou that is one of the things you learn is to prevent the shoot since that is part of the sport, in the all so popular BJJ again prevent when someone is shooting or take advantage, so I have no doubt that you can and probably have shot in on many trained and untrained but with the possibility of accidentaly facing against Randy Coutour (or any or the great fighters out there training others) or one of his students do you think this should be your first plan of attack. Or maybe you are just that good, in that case where are you located and are you excepting students because I would like to train with you for a while. :o

Survivor