• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what to do against a opponet wildly swinging?

Depends.

If you have a weapon (I carry a pair of Tonfa when out training. (which is pretty much all of the time)) One smack of a Tonfa and he'd leave you alone.

But if you are unarmed then your best option is to Side kick as his arms would be 'out of the way' and they can't block it. Or Kick his knees head on and hope he falls.

Does that help?

The cool summer breeze passes me by.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anoather thing that í would like help on is group assilants/Multiple enemies.

And i'm not talking about weapons, completly unarmed. Seriously how would you handle that because in Bruce Lee films etc, they all wait their turn but in reality they all come from all sides at once and i can't block eight fists at once.

any tips?[/i]

Anoather thing that í would like help on is group assilants/Multiple enemies.

And i'm not talking about weapons, completly unarmed. Seriously how would you handle that because in Bruce Lee films etc, they all wait their turn but in reality they all come from all sides at once and i can't block eight fists at once.

any tips?

in reality they all come from all sides at once and i can't block eight fists at once.

Forget blocking... keeping hitting has hard and fast as you can until you find a chance to run.(if your lucky).

What about if you have to win?

Like in Once upon a time in China 3 when they are attcked by a rival Martial arts school and they have to win to retain students?

or if you are attcked by a local gang and you must strike fear into them or they will come back?

What about if you have to win?

Follow the above steps without running away. i.e. just keep hitting them, with weapons if you find them in your surroundings.

Like in Once upon a time in China 3 when they are attcked by a rival Martial arts school and they have to win to retain students?

This is real life, not a martial arts movie.

or if you are attcked by a local gang and you must strike fear into them or they will come back?

Call the police, get some tough friends, stop annoying people who are in gangs, get a gun etc etc etc. Any of those will work pretty well depending on what extremes you want to go to.

Chances are if they are a "proper" gang, beating them up isnt going to strike fear into them. It will most probably give them reason to get more friends, bigger and more powerful weapons, and come after you.

But obviously this situation is entirely theorhetical, so don't worry about it.

Because if it were to happen i'd be carrying my Tonfa and they wouldn't look twice.

Because if it were to happen i'd be carrying my Tonfa and they wouldn't look twice.

Once again... if we are still theoretically speaking about a "proper" gang, a tonfa isnt really going to be a match for their baseball bats, knives and guns.

In the hands of a master even the innanimate of objects can be a deadly weapon.

I don't mean to sound overconfident but a baseball bat is no opponent for a pair of Tonfa when i'm using them.