• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what to do against a opponet wildly swinging?

this topic? shouldn't it have died a long time ago? its been posted since january. hmmm...

well... what the heck.

for one. i wouldn't be doing anything fancy if my opponents swinging like a mad man.

second. yeah i would be laughing

third. i'd give him a good clean side kick to the face.

if you kicked him i'm pretty sure his arms wont be long enough to hit you.

"In battle, confrontation is done directly, victory is gained by surprise"

- Master Sun

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it depends on the circumstance, normally I will simply use a front snap kick (Mae Geri) or front thrust kick (Mae Konate) with bad intentions to attacker's pelvic region or solar plexus to briefly stun him. Afterwards, I will follow-up the kick with whatever technique(s) seems appropriate to end the fight as quickly as possible.

Ted

I would move inside then block, turn and simultaneusly punch him in the neck/face/throat area (whichever that is more available) and then chain punch until he is no more.

Use your time on an art that is worthwhile and not on a dozen irrelevant "ways".

Atemi

Dojo Principle #3

Cultivate a spirit of perseverance or a will for striving, you will develop a healthy body if you have strength of mind and train fearlessly

the only clear choice is to stop and surrender. after all, you're a trained martial artist. but he's flailing..wildy. you havent got a chance. pray that him and his ungodly skills will grant you mercy

2nd Dan Soo Bahk Do. Dan Bon - 36884

if he is jabbing with his right hand(Judo tecneque) reach across your body and grab his hand just above his wrist, then turn your your arms left across your body at the same time kick your right leg out directly in front of both of his legs and then rotate sharp ly to your left, thus pulling him off balence on to the ground(force can be put in here easily), easy as the alphabet

"I'm done, and as I'm posing in my nice stance the flamingo stands his ground as well. The flamingo and I are the unstoppable team, with my tornado kick and his confident pink plastic frame, we're ready for whatever comes our way!"

-Jujimufu

I would think you have three good options. one is to wait out of range until they get tired, which they probably will, stop their momentum by blocking a punch and landing a good blow with your own, and just walking away.

The problem with the first is that it could take awhile. also, you could be in a corner and have no practical way to stay away. the second one is faster and the most aggressive, but you gotta be quick, or else your toast. the third is hopefully sef-explanitory

Destroy all that is evil, so that all that is good may flourish.