• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what to do against a opponet wildly swinging?

If he's charging fast, get out of the way with good timing and he will possibly lose his balance. I would attempt to leap out of the way into a Cat or something then side thrust him in back/side of his lower thigh/knee.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to offend anyone, but in my experiance, karate/tkd punches are MUCH MUCH easier for me to pick apart, move in, and destroy than wild, untrained attacks due to there nature. i mean the whole wild flailing thing may seem rediculous to us, but its actually an awesome question if i think about it, because im pretty sure that about 90 percent of the kids at my school would do that from the fights that i've seen. i asked my sifu what do you do when someone comes really crowded at you, he gave a very simple answer that works for me, just stay on your center line, and chain punch through, the punches often act as blocks, and once your in there, you should be able to finish him. if the fight goes on, he'll definately settle down and stop comming at you like that. getting off the subject a little...fights at my school are hilarious, i've seen some guy beat the crap out of someone in a lunch room because he thought that he stole his bacon, i've even seen a riot escalade out of a game of UNO.

lol thats nothin, last year someone got stabbed in the bum with a knife at my college over a game of pool :(

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.

That's what makes CLF so dangerous. It's essentially an advanced and precise version of wild swings coupled with conditioned forearms, elbows, knuckles etc.

Now, onto the question - From a personal point of view based on my MA, I would swing back. But if you were a Karateka or something, I would look for an opening, block/evade, move in, and proceed to destroy.

• 1 month later...

heheheh. What a great thread this one is! It's 3am where I am and I read the entire thread do far!! Talk about passion, eh? :)

Since I read the entire thing I feel I should at least add my own 2 cents, since I've gotten this far.

I am assuming this is a street altercation. I dont know where this is taking place though - bar, school, home, etc. Depending on the circumstance I will strive to react accordingly AND appropriately without using excessive force.

as to specifics, I agree with Cross's post on the very first page of posts.

BG is swinging wildly. My startle response will have my hands & arms already up protecting my head. I will drive fwd and CLINCH for two main reasons:

1. stop his strikes

2. prevent him from drawing out a weapon

Then while in teh clinch I will most likely go for an inside take down, initiated by a good old fashioned knee strike to the groin. Choice for take down will most likely be a palm strike to the chin or throat depending on my state of mind at the time.

Once he hits the deck i will maintain control in a side straddle position to allow visibiltiy for secondary assailants, and can employ further control tactics such arm bars, finger locks, etc. I can also pat his waist line for a weapons check. If his buddies are heading my way I will take one more quick strike to the attacker's groin, throat, or eyes, then will high-tail it outta there as fast as my panic-stricken legs will carry me!

*ahem* :)

be safe,

CQB

In today's world there are people who will try to victimize you or a loved one. No reality check is as frightening nor as powerful as when one becomes a victim of criminal violence. At this point it isn't about winning or losing - it's about surviving. Train to survive. Modern Defendo - CQB.

lol, I'd feel sorry for any fool who messed with cqb... as for me, it depends on the area, if it's relatively open do boxing type manuvers, just stay on my toes and hop around until he either gives up, or gets tired, if it's the latter and he still wants to hurt me, I'll fake some kind of jab or something and do a stomp kick to his solar plexus and either hold him there until the police arive or just walk away. But if he has friends... clinche him and get a hold of one of his hands and break a finger or his thumb then throw him to the ground and get ready for the next guy.

Joshua Brehm

-When you're not practicing remember this; someone, somewhere, is practicing, and when you meet them, they will beat you.

Ouch... :)

i just saw the Yuki Kondo, Tito Ortiz fight and i was wondering about a flying knee? i have used it with some success in the ring and i think a guy flailing madly would be wide opean for it. not my first choice but would any one consider using this.

Fist visible Strike invisible

Great topic. For me it all comes down to the envoirnment. Since he is swinging his arms wildly which means mostly a looping/circular motion and I'm in a wide open area I'd step back to give myself spacing and when he closes the gap I'd blast him with a straight-arm palm strike to his chin or face, clinch and then take him down with an extra nasty osoto otoshi (which could knock him out) or morote gari (double leg) and take him down, russian mount him and work some ground and pound. If I see some buddies coming to aide him i'm outta there with a soccer kick as i'm leaving. If it's a cramped space like a bathroom stall I'd clinch immeadiatly and go for a standing kata gatame (side choke) but my first option is a guilletine.

Tapped out, knocked out, or choked out...Take your pick.

http://jujitsu4u.com/

http://www.combatwrestling.com/

http://gokor.com/

Opponent swinging wildly?

First, laugh at him (or maybe her--just to be PC).

Second, regain composure.

Third, defeat said opponent very quickly and even easily.

Fourth, continue with first step.

Season to taste.

Repeat as needed for other useless opponents who might be utilizing same useless attack scheme.

...bones break, men bleed; the ability to feel pain does not remove the effect of the damage...

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein