• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what to do against a opponet wildly swinging?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite odd with a flailer, because I have tried running while flailing my arms, and at one point you have an awkward momentum, pushing you backwards, and at one point you have a lot of foreward momentum. If, by chance, you can spot this in someones gait, try to position yourself so you can leg sweep them while their momentum is carrying them towards you. Max speed, and the momentum will send them speeding towards the ground, so when their face hits the ground, it'll scrape for max damage :P.

Current: Yellow Belt in GojuRyu. White Belt in Kabudo.

For that ocasion yea,

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

I've never felt leg sweeps would be the best option for anything I'd ever encounter on the streets, maybe in the studio for the sake of having them under your belt, but I'm not opposed to any suggestions...

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

Go down the middle with your head and arms around the guys stomach . until you are close range , his arms are still gonna be swung aimlessly you might get touched a bit , but from there squat your legs up and give him a quick shot to the chest or throat still lifting yourself from there finish him off with an uppercut OR from here top it off with a quik side kick to get your distance back....

You can even give him a quick strike to stun him when you crouch close to him .

Edited by Rank7

Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 80 pixels, the height no greater than 80 pixels, and the file size no more than 8 KB.

Seems to me the easiest way around the flaining man is still to take his space either with your hips(if your quick) or throw a kick to the groin in there. He'll stop flailing in both situations. Either the the pain will stop him, or the off-balance and loss of control he'll feel when you have taken his center of gravity will. Right up the middle seems to be the best way to avoid any glancing blows as well. Even if you do get hit going up the middle(once again if your fast enough...) he'll have virtually no leverage to harm you with...Then he's yours, it's over... 8)

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant