• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what to do against a opponet wildly swinging?

That happend to me once and my gaurd happend to be down.

but luckely he wasa like 5 feet away because he was stupid and flailed with his eyes closed.

What i want to know is how would deal with that expesualy if there very angry (they wont let up from there flurry even if hit) and there flailing is pretty fast. what I would do is put my gaurd up and wait untill i get there pattern strait then put in some jabs (mine are fairly strong)and/or side step.

or...I want to hear from you guys.

and idea's :idea:

My fists are fire,

My arms are brimstone,

My legs are steel,

My heart is the furnace.

Rock--5ft'6 160lbs 15yrs old

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what I would do is put my gaurd up and wait untill i get there pattern strait then put in some jabs (mine are fairly strong)and/or side step.

Are you talking about a self-defence situation or competition? In self defence i wouldnt recommend this method.

There are any number of ways to deal with this kind of attack(im talking specifically about self defence), some include:

1. Side-stepping and attacking from this position.

2. Getting close and controling the opponents arms, head and upper body(clinch). From here you can attack with elbows, knees, headbutts. Or perform takedowns, throws, joint locks.

3. Taking a backward step to allow some room and firing off your own attack.

4. Like "Karate Kid" said: intercept with a kick or stop hit.

Probably more important than all of these things is your awareness and ability to sense trouble before it happens, but in the event that you cant do that the above methods work fairly well.

If a person is swinging wildly, he is probably untrained and will be subseptible to kicks. Your legs are longer than your arms so it should keep in you in a safer zone than exchanging punches with him so my response would be to keep out of punching range while sidestepping and throw leg kicks at him.

What works works

Yeah I'd try and back off till I saw an arm 'flail' in a way I liked and then take it. Don't think this would be to much to worry about unless he was massivly bigger than you and/or you had no room to move.

Especially if he had his eyes shut lol.

"...or maybe you are carrying a large vicious dog in your pocket." -Scottnshelly

I agree with step out of his way, even a lucky strike can knock you out, if you have no choice say because to door to freedom is on the other side of your windmill then cover and charge, hit him like a linebacker, dont have to be a master to do that one. Just mine

Survivor

I was in a scenario like the one stated back in high school and all I did was side step and kick him in the knee cap. Needless to say It was over pretty quickly after that. :D

What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others. - Confucius