• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

New instructor lesson plan help

Lesson plans are good... make a few of them.

I had a big tado planned for my first class but only 5 kids were there so I had to modify it alot.

Having a plan is good but be flexible, you never know when someone will come in needing help with Kata or a certian technique.

"There is a time in every mans education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide; that he must take himself for better, for worse,... " Emerson

86years in the making..... Red Sox World Champs.....

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Lesson plans are beneficial for your situaiton. If there is only one instructor, a lesson plan may not be needed, as the instructor knows by heart what has been done and which areas need to be worked on. However, I propose the use of a journal method. Simply record some of the materials taught in class. This will allow the other instructors to know what has been done, and allow the other instructors to focus on areas that need to be improved upon. In some cases, lesson plans may not be effective, as outlined material may be taught at a different pace. As a result, a journal may be of more use.

For over 3 years I have been doing lessons off the top of my head, but now there are 3 intructors I just want to try and keep track of what has been done with the class and what needs to be done.

This would also help to highlight what needs to be done again.

"Teaching the Martial Arts" by Sang Kim was a great suggestion still reading it but due to other work it will take longer than I would of liked for the 1st reading.