Proskater

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have rather strong doubts about the authenticity of the story.

Even if someone's training were from a "McDojo," if the guy had trained for 12 years, he would have to have at least some minimal level of discipline, and respect for others, even if he didn't understand their styles.

Also, someone who had trained for 12 years, and I assume, competed, wouldn't be the type to change clothes on the dojo floor, especially in front of everyone else. Someone who would show that much disresepct would have been tossed from a school.

considering this could be true, at some point, when your the only one doing something and everyone else is staring at you, you might want to stop and ask yourself what you are doing wrong...

Sounds like a (badly written) hoax article to me.

I agree... although I do believe there are people in the world who are that stupid and disrespectful. Maybe not in the same way as in this hoax article, but I'm sure you could all think of your own examples!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

I'm at Hewlett Packard in Boise, ID right now and I know several co-workers who if the article hadn't mentioned a name other then theirs I would have highly suspected of being the origin of the story. I used to work in Tech Support (building 27) and I know of at least one gal there who fits this bill perfectly. Nice people to work with don't get me wrong. But the hype here in Idaho given by specific Tae-kwon-do instructors seems to mold with certain mindsets over here. The result is a person who proclaims to be a deadly weapon having mastered the most lethal martial art on the planet in under 3 years. But shhhhhh don't tell anyone.

Edited by Sauzin

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.

And I have personally heard guys over here yell things in their kia's that you would expect to see in "She Spies". Yelling "Kia" is the most popular. I've heard other things as well. I once heard "Kiakenpo!"

The only two things that stand between an effective art and one that isn't are a tradition to draw knowledge from and the mind to practice it.