• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

martial arts for my bro?

Tell him to try them all and pick whichever he likes the best.
I aggree, karate is always a good choice,well that me. :karate: :karate: :karate:

I don't train for belt color I train to survive on the street

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly though I would examine a variety of schools in your area and attend several classes before he makes up his mind. The last thing he wants to do is just choose a school then give up MA all together because he is not learning anything useful.

What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others. - Confucius

You should definately go visit all of your options and see what he likes. Do not choose one based on his physical build. I know several people who were very short, squatty, fluffy, etc when they were young and they later ended up tall and skinny.

As for helping him lose weight, the style will make little differance. He should be on a good eating plan, not a diet. Diets are to restrictive and do all kinds of harm. By good eating plan I mean something like Body 4 Life or the like. He is also at an age where he can start lifting weights under a certified Fitness Trainer. They are not cheap, but they will keep him form getting hurt as easily.

"let those who shed blood with me be forever known as my brother."

hey sorry bout that my computer wasnt working so we had to get it fixed. i am 2nd degree black in shotokan and i do my katas and teach a couple of friends some stuff at my house and he said it looked cool and fun so now he takes shotokan and i teach him stuff outside of class so i'm glad he's taking it cuz he used to get picked on alot :kaioken: and now he's more confident in defending himself :)

Steve-o