• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Escaping from the Full Nelson

SWDW I don't think it's all over at that point.

Sheesh, you assumed a lot more than I wrote. I was talking specifically about the drop. If you look at the previous post, you'll see that I CAN get out of the full nelson, even if they're much bigger. As you said, there are much better techniques and I prefer to use those. Throws are one option. Against a significantly larger opponent there are additional techniques that use their size aginst them.

However, the drop, puts you in a very awkward position and you'll wind up starting at a disadvantage in a ground fight if the person is quick. Is it over? No, but why would you want to deliberately handicap yourself?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I'll buy that, good points! If you roll to the left or the right when your out of the lock, he might catch your heel to his chin if he's bending to get you. Like you said there are so many variables and techniques you could use.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

• 1 month later...

i did the noodle thing, i was also being jumped by 14 people. in the process i ripped my right rotater cuf, BUT HEY< I ESCAPED?! i personally like the wrist control and the finger bending ideas.

The act of placing the head to the ground takes some strain off the neck. That sounds good.

Thanks

:-? If you do that you will get submitted via crucifix. If applied on the mat you can tap out, on the streets, well...

Thing is you will NOT escape a properly applied full nelson period. It's like asking how to escape a rear naked choke once it's properly applied, or how to defend yourself after you've been knocked out, It ain't happening.

If you have an edged weapon it's possible, but in hand to hand combat against someone that has it locked in with the proper grip it's not going to happen. If he has his fingers interlaced like most street punks will then it's easy to escape by either reaching back and sqeezing his fingers together or by dropping to the side and If you are the person being nelsoned, you can trap one of his arms with your elbow before he joins hands, and roll to the side. Now, hip heist and turn toward him, and you have side control.

Your best bet is that in most fights the guy is not going to just stand there and hold you in a full nelson,so your best chance of escape is in the time he transitions to what ever it is he's going to do next. I know it sounds bleak but try having Gene Lebell put you in one of his full nelsons and then get back to me.

I'm only going to ask you once...