• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Hey I do not have any experiance in this non-lethal stuff so I am asking ya'll to give me good feed back and if experianced in the stuff do you think it is street viable. Oh one other question do ya'll believe a 5 year old can disable a would be kidnapper using this CDT. I'm waiting on the good and the silly answers. :-? I know what my intial feelings are but maybe ya'll can change my mind.

Survivor

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

street fighter, c-d-t (compliance-direction-takedown)

this is a system of modified techniques that, (as you most likely know), is supposed to diffuse a threatening attacker without hurting them. (no a 5 year old couldn't take down a kidnaper with cdt...it's designed for people 12 and older)

personally i think the system is crap. (i'm sorry anyone who think's it's viable but that's my oppinion, here's why.)

first of all the entire course is two days...i think the only thing a person would get out of it, would be hurt. if someone think's they can stop a dangerous person with two days of training is dreaming...(i went through daat training so i know something about that lol).

secondly...if someone is attacking you, why on earth would you not defend yourself to the full extent of your abilities? get what i mean?

hey there's my two cents if anyone disagree's with me that's fine this is just one opinion.

" The art of Kung Fu San Soo lies not in victory or defeat, but in the building of human character." Grand Master Jimmy H. Woo

Cobra, thank you for your comments and I have to agree with you fully, but I want to see how others feel, personally I had a local CDT person do the tricep pinch or what ever you call it and it was all I could do not to knock his block of, it hurt but it just made me want to bust a few, these are the same people that after the young girl was kidnapped and killed in Fla around a year or so ago that went on the local news for 5 days showing how even a 5 or 6 year old using CDT could escape an adult attacker. It made me mad as a combative instructor to see people selling something that is so potentialy dangerous. I do believe that there are times that nerve strikes and pinches and skin tearing will work but I do not think i would try and sell it as a first line self-defense or as a system, for me they would only be a means to an end. thanks again

Survivor