• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A good Dojo in my area

orion82698

Hello to all!

I would like to get into Karate and other MA in my area, but I don't know what is a good Dojo. I don't want to sign up at the nearest one and hate it. Can anyone in here point me in the right direction? I looked for a local forum, but didn't see anything. I'm in Crownsville, MD. I'm willing to travel 45 minutes.

Thanks,

Chris

I don't have to be the best, just better than you!

Working towards 11% BF and a Six pack

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I suggest going to different schools and find the one that fits what you're looking for -- self defense, showy martial art stuff, kicking vs. fighting vs. grappling, sparring, spiritual guidance, etc. Schools differ greatly in their workout level, discipline, attendance, expectations, cost, size of facility, and quality of teaching, among other things. Some like a large school with lots of teachers and classes, and others (like me) prefer a small school with more individualized attention. There are different time and financial commitments, some are monthly and others require several months or even a year's contract. Look in the phone book, start visiting schools and you'll find one that fits your needs. Once you start looking they'll be easier to find.