• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What You're *Really* Thinking In Class...

June1

• 2 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last time I drifted off was when the lecture was during a stretching session. That gorgeous girl was next to me.

"An enlightened man would offer a weary traveler a bed for the night, and invite him to share a civilized conversation over a bowl of... Cocoa Puffs."

I usually think...

When when he does it does it look like that but when I do it, it looks totally different.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

Am going to be a typical girl now - I am usually thinking during stretching that I hope I look semi-decent!! And I try not to let anyone stand behind me or else they will get a total eclipse lol!!

Am quite competitive as well - so tend to be hoping that my techniques look as good as/better than the women stood next to me.

Karate Ni Sentinashi

"I'm hungry...." this is normally at about 8 pm, and I've had dinner, but it sure doesn't seem like it by that time.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Whenever we're doing nonstop punches or something like that and there's no set number or time limit, I think/sing a rythmic song. My most recent favorite is "Do you know the muffin man?" I'll be sitting in a horse stance, punching, punching, punching, and inside my head I'll be singing, "Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man...." to the beat of my punches. Yes, I know it's weird. But hey, it works. (Most of the time. A couple of times I think I was actually singing out loud... how humiliating! :blush: )

:lol: Ha, ha, ha! I start chanting, "You've got to BE agressive, BE-BE aGRESsive!" striking harder on the accented syllables. One time I got caught chanting out loud, and Sensei (who had come up behind me) says loud enough for the whole dojo to hear, "You can't just *say* it, you gotta DO it!"

White belt mind. Black belt heart.

Rejoice and be glad!

Although my dojomates are my friends, I constantly am sizing them up in my mind to determine what, where and how I would strike them if we were to do battle.

I would only desire that they would be doing the same with regards to me. In an odd way to me this demonstrates the respect we have for each other.

Respectfully,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu