• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What You're *Really* Thinking In Class...

June1

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

typically:

"...shut up already...sir..."

or occasionally

"yes, i KNOW you'll never tell me my basic kicks are all right...I SWEAR I'LL KICK LOWER AND MY TOES WILL BE DOWN ON MY SIDE KICKS AND I PROMISE I WILL HOLD THEM FOR THREE SECONDS EACH JUST STOP YELLING!!!!"

or when he's really mad at me (has happened several...okay many times):

"...well, let's see...he's already yelled at me for thirty six minutes...can't be that much longer, can it...CAN IT...do you think he's serious about getting suspended? nah...oh, am I supposed to respond now?...Please don't hurt me..."

this is really off topic but he used to ask me these questions about stuff i didn't want him to know about so i wouldn't say...i would be thinking, "NOT TELLING!" and then he would use physical pain to get the answer out of me and since then i've been really frightened when he gets mad at me...

Well at instructors course there was a TON of talking and yeah im usually saying "NOT AGAIN" or im thinking about wat im gonna eat after class..or my forms or something for our school or anything! My instructor when he talks in class i cant help but pay attention he quizzes us! LOL!

JUST TRAIN

Student of the Han Method

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's allready tomorrow in Australia" Charles Schultz

https://www.YounWha.com

• 4 weeks later...
When my instructor goes into these lectures that last the whole class, I'm thinking "Not again" :roll: Not to sound disrespectful, but a 45 minute lecture isn't what I'm paying for. It is easy to get your point across in a lot less time than that.

You need a new teacher.

I've had teachers like that before, they are wasting your time.

It doesn't happen that often. Once or twice a year. I posted that after one of those lectures, and I was in a bad mood. But it's not a cause for a new teacher.

Oh, I have one. When I am training in jujitsu, my instructor wants to show us a new technique (usually a lock of some sort), and I think to myself, this is going to hurt LOL.

Laurie F

• 3 weeks later...

oh no i'm the only person holding a pad and he wants to demonstrate a kick, time to be united with the ground.

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil~Exodus 23:2

Violence, even well intentioned, always rebounds upon oneself.~Lao Tzu

And mankind is naught but a single nation~quran

when it becomes a lecture im thinking "i wonder what sensei would do if i just kick him", "wow that girl is hot, ima spar with her", "i would have been a black belt by now without all this talking"...and on and on...

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence thus, is not an act, but a habit. --- Aristotle

• 1 month later...

Whenever we're doing nonstop punches or something like that and there's no set number or time limit, I think/sing a rythmic song. My most recent favorite is "Do you know the muffin man?" I'll be sitting in a horse stance, punching, punching, punching, and inside my head I'll be singing, "Do you know the muffin man, the muffin man, the muffin man...." to the beat of my punches. Yes, I know it's weird. But hey, it works. (Most of the time. A couple of times I think I was actually singing out loud... how humiliating! :blush: )

"A black belt is a white belt that never gave up."