• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What You're *Really* Thinking In Class...

June1

Everyone has had this happen to them at some point:

You're sitting or standing facing Sensei seemingly listening to him/her... but as you gaze at your teacher, your mind drifts off somewhere possibly outside the walls of the dojo. Just what are you thinking about?

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why I can't see much of a difference between when he demonstrates the right and wrong ways to perform a technique... :D (what can I say, I'm new :P)

"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."

- T. S. Eliot

When my instructor goes into these lectures that last the whole class, I'm thinking "Not again" :roll: Not to sound disrespectful, but a 45 minute lecture isn't what I'm paying for. It is easy to get your point across in a lot less time than that.

Laurie F

Oh, gosh! That sucks! What does your instructor talk about? Technique, scolding?

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

Ummmm...ususally "Oh, that's interesting" "Not again" "wonder what my bf's up to..." "this is boring." Total lala land. "how much longer" "Can I sit down" "ouch, ouch, ouch, pain!(only after what we refer to as the "nightmare lessons")

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Well, when lots of people are in the dojo the windows and mirrors steam up in winter. I always try to figure out how much evaporated sweat must be in the air for it to do that... and how much of it I breathe in... :o

"I think therefore I am" Rene Descartes

I'm often replaying the last exercise in my mind. It's been so bad every now and then that I realize I haven't heard the directions for the next exercise.

Beginner students who don't know the Japanese names for the techniques have saved me several times because they need the instructions repeated. :lol:

----

Hmm. Hello. This is the floor. How did I get here?

hmm i really cant remember any times ive done that...but im sure i have.

more commonly (thats may way of saying all the time) im looking at my teacher in school and thinking totally about somthing else......when i snap out of it i realize that not only did i not remeber what they said....i wasnt even seeing what was going on.

"Cry in the dojo, laugh on the battle field."

Cars, stuff that happened during the day, movies

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."