• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Your favorite katas and why

Kumite988

Mine are

Chatanyara Kushanku: Because it has a cool name..no just joking =P. I like the really fast moves in it and also the crossleg stance parts. The beginning is very fun to watch/perform also.

Nipaipo: I like chatanyara for the fast moves, nipaipo for the slow ones =). The crane stance part is fun also.

Unshu: I like the middle section of this kata, when you pivot on one foot and then block.

Pinan Godan: Because it is one of the first katas I learned and I feel like i've gotten it down quite well.

Superennpi(Spelling?) I like it because it's so long, and takes so much focus, and can be very beautiful to perform.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rohai/Meikyo

I like the tempo of this kata

Unsu

For the applications

Wansu

The stances and movement in it

Heian Yondan (my fave of the Heians)

Hey, I just like it!

Enpi (the free-choice kata I performed for my Shodan)

This one is special to me as it took me ages to nail this kata. I deliberately chose this one to work on for Shodan, as I felt it was my weakest kata out of the list of free choice kata

Other kata I like but don't know too well are

Kururunfu

Seipai

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Hangetsu and sohin are my favourites ! I like them because of their dynamic charachteristics and power .but others like nijushiho and goju shiho and kankudai ansd unsu are also my favourites.

never give up !

I love kata.....all kata.....thats where the secrets of the system are contained. Each Goju kata has its own unique "attitude", so somedays I prefer one over another. I really feel very much "at home" when performing Seisan, as it is known as a "fire" kata....suits my personality, and Seipai as well. as far as breathing forms go, I love Tensho.

~Master Jules......aka "The Sandman"

"I may be a trained killer......but Im really a nice guy"

Oh yeah I forgot, I've ran through Kururunfa a few times and I was just overwhelmed, seems really hard to learn. I liked it a lot though just because it's unconvential. Espeically that part where you thrust your head upwards... :o

I like Empi, Unsu, Nijushiho, Gankaku, Kankudai as my favorites. All the rest, I just like... :)

- Killer -

Never met your sensie but have greatest respect for him ,please say OSS for me ! respect .....

never give up !

Although I've had quite a few lunches and dinners with Nishiyama over the years, I've been out of touch the past several years with work and family issues and hardships. I use to run into Sensei on occasion, but haven't seen him in a while. I need to get down to Central one of these days and say hi and see who's still around. If I do, I'll give him an Osu just for you... :) He's actually a great person, great father, as well as a great man.

- Killer -

I like Empi, Unsu, Nijushiho, Gankaku, Kankudai as my favorites. All the rest, I just like... :)

- Killer -

Never met your sensie but have greatest respect for him ,please say OSS for me ! respect .....

Mizu No Kokoro

Shodan - Nishiyama Sensei

Table Tennis: http://www.jmblades.com/

Auto Weblog: http://appliedauto.mypunbb.com/

Auto Forum: http://appauto.wordpress.com/