• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Good kata execution

Hawkeye

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Personally, I think you all missed it. The biggest WOW factor is "Visualization...!" If you visualize your kata as if you were truly defending yourself or in a battle, that visualization expells to the audience when doing your kata.

Remember that kata has always been a form of performing to an audience as well as perfecting technique. It was an early form of dance when MA was outlawed - that's how they were able to continue to train.

- Killer -

Interesting thought. I tend to forget that an audience is there and I am doing the kata just for myself.(if I don't see them they are not really there) It helps with the nerves. :wink:

My best kata work IMO, has been working alone in the practice room 2 hrs before the grading. :roll:

I tend to be very critical of myself. I can always do better. :D

Pain is only temporary, the memory of that pain lasts a lifetime.

What do you think is the most important aspect(s) of performing a kata? Along the same vein, have you ever seen someone perform a kata and the way they did it made you say 'W :o W" ? What was the 'WOW' factor?

To have the right balance of the ingrediants of kata ,just like a good actor ,you must live the kata ! bring it to life as if you are really under attack from 4 corners ! apart from my sensie ,I saw a performance of sochin from osaka sensie and I said "wow !" and that factor was his spirit !

never give up !