• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Who was faster Parker or Lee?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

But you forget,you will need strength and speed to support your skills.

I honestly dont know the answer since i have no clue how fast ed parker is.I do know that bruce lee was a speedy and light footed MAist..dont know to much about ed parker...and i cant make a decision unless i knew some stuff about him.Time to research xD

F = M*A

Force equals mass times acceleration...

A guy who is smaller, but fast can hit just as hard as a guy who is big but slow (which is the force side of the equation).

You can't really train or improve for speed, it's genetic... but you can get stronger (or basically strong enough). You can improve on your speed up to a point, but your fast twitch muscles and how many you have are genetic (which is why we all can't run the 100 in 9.7 seconds or throw 95 MPH fastballs). Like they say in sports, you can't teach speed.

I would rather have speed than power.

*shrugs*

JMHO

O, and I thought the video was pretty cool...

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilites, but in the expert's there are few."

I'm a bruce lee fan till i DIE!!!! But that clip of Parker is awesome he is crazy fast...we all can only strive to be that fast. :D

What the superior man seeks is in himself; what the small man seeks is in others. - Confucius

Im downloading that clip now , but the other day I downloaded a ed parker commercial from the 60s or 70s im not sure but damn he was very fast, I dont know much about ed parker and kenpo but from kenpo film clips ive seen it looks like a well rounded Martial Art.

http://jedimc.tripod.com/ma.html - what MA do you do, this is my poll.

I'm a bruce lee fan till i DIE!!!! But that clip of Parker is awesome he is crazy fast...we all can only strive to be that fast. :D

I can agree with that, wow...Parker is fast.

"Pain is the best instructor, but no one wants to go to his class." Choi, Hong Hi ITF Founder

Well, I guess the discussion is over then. :D

Seriously, let's remember to leave some room for discussion. It is a matter of opinion. :)

Thanks.

On the subject of hand speed...

rtsp://ukwingchun.com/assets/videos/WALLBAG-(RealVideo-DSL).rm

just saw this for the first time, it's James Sinclair of the UKWCKFA.

"...or maybe you are carrying a large vicious dog in your pocket." -Scottnshelly