• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dogs

If you ride a bike and a dog attacks you, you can put your bike between you and the dog. DON'T RUN! this wakes up dogs hunting inscticts

What hurts you but doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

• 3 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you mean your school doent have a kata for multiple dog attacks.

1.get some pepper spray.

2. make allot of noise

3. hit him hard. a dog unlike a person does not have alot of pride if it hurts him he will ussaly stop. not always but its better than nothing

4. he is fast. run if you think you can hop a fence or to a tree.

5 get a stick

6 over all without a weopon its not a good match up

• 2 weeks later...

I was attacked by a dog while I was walking with my girlfriend in her neighborhood. The guy who ha the dog had been a problem in the neighborhool and the police had been involved on several occasions. This particular night, my Girlfriend and I were walking when this jerk came out of his house drunk and started cursing at us. We ignored him and kept on walking until one of his 2 pit bulls came barrelling out of the door growling and heading straight towards us. I pushed by girlfriend behind me and had my hand on my concealed sidearm, (which I am liscenced to carry) and had decided that when the dog got to the curb on the other side of the street, it was dead. I was about to draw out on the dog when the guy called the dog off at the very last minute. We returned to her house quickly without inscident. That was not an experience I want to repeat.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

Here is a tip. A measuring tape scares dogs. Pull a length out and wobble the metal up and down. I'm not sure if its the noise or the motion of the tape, but they will back down. A meter reader told me about this, I tried it on my neighbors dog who always growls at me and that dog ran faster than a cheetah.

I'm shaking my head here in disbelief and amazement here at the replies.

Due to space, I didn't put the whole quote, but what you said was very true. Read this, It's on the first page.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

Here is a tip. A measuring tape scares dogs. Pull a length out and wobble the metal up and down. I'm not sure if its the noise or the motion of the tape, but they will back down. A meter reader told me about this, I tried it on my neighbors dog who always growls at me and that dog ran faster than a cheetah.

holy cow that acually works!!! tryed it on my dog...he ran for the hills ...nieghbors dogs ....."yo im out"

told my friend who checks meters two days latter he said not one dog didnt run.

i guess there doggy brain has no clue what that is

• 2 months later...

I guess animals have a thing agaisnt me, ive been attacked by dogs 4 times, a mountain lion, and a hawk attacked me once in my back yard :) .

Those mountain lions are really built, but when I get attacked by a dog now i just palm strike, kick, knee, gouge at the head...never fails.

"Time is what we want most, but what we use worst"

William Penn

i was about to make a point about using your arm.... then read shorinryu senseis post..... like he says you cnat out run it out maneouver it..... so you really have to face it and take the least damage necessary.

i was about to make a point about using your arm.... then read shorinryu senseis post..... like he says you cnat out run it out maneouver it..... so you really have to face it and take the least damage necessary.

Actually, don't 4 legged animals have a hard time with tight turns?

I still probably wouldn't try to run.

I think its important to remember an animal won't really use technique, and won't counter yours. Different mindset than fighting a person.

If it works, use it!

If not, throw it out!