Dogs

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people say they can wrestle a dog into submission...I doubt it. Sure, maybe you can with your family pet...but an enraged dog bent on ripping your throat out? I doubt it and I'd really like to see somebody try that against a doberman.

Park bicyclist conquers cat

by Mike Dawson

Peninsula Daily News

Sunday, May 26, 1996

PORT ANGELES -

Of all the humans the cougar could have attacked Friday, it had the rotten luck to tangle with Phil Anderson, dog wrestler, jujitsu fan. "I went to my back, wrapped my legs around him, rolled over and mounted him and started choking him

To read the whole story, scroll to the bottom of the page.

http://www.chainreaction.com/squirrels.htm

A minute of experience on the street is worth a year of training in the dojo.

If you can’t sprawl and brawl, you can’t street fight.

List of Confirmed Cougar Attacks

In the United States and Canada

1991 - 2000

http://users.frii.com/mytymyk/lions/attacks2.htm

24 May. 28-year-old Phil Anderson was attacked by an approximately 80 pound mountain lion in Olympic National Park about 20 miles west of Port Angeles, Washington. The lion moved out of the shadows "smoothly and quickly". A mountain biker and wrestler, Anderson first ran backwards but fought when it leapt on his chest. Anderson fell to his back, locked his legs around the cougar, flipped over and buried his thumbs in the animal's throat and choked the cat in and out of consciousness. He kept the front paws pinned back with his forearms. After about two and a half or three minutes, the cat still wriggling, got Anderson's thumb in its mouth and smashed it. That gave the cat the edge. Anderson lost his grip, and the cat's claws went into a whirl and managed to rip through his thick sweatshirt in a couple of places, giving Anderson puncture wounds to the chest. Not wanting more, the lion then fled. Park Rangers declined to hunt down the lion, stating that having so many lions in that area would make it difficult to know which one it was. Source: (Read his account HERE by Mike Dawson, Peninsula Daily News; Sunday, 05/26/96)

A minute of experience on the street is worth a year of training in the dojo.

If you can’t sprawl and brawl, you can’t street fight.

In general, a mountain lion/cougar, bear, wolf of other predator won't attack an adult human unless it is:

1. Starving

2. Injured

3. Cornered

4. Sick

5. Provoked

6. Protecting its young.

In general, predators give humans a wide berth if they hear them coming. Very rarely will a predator intentionally stalk a human with the aim of attacking and killing him/her. Animals hunt for food, not for pleasure and sport like humans do.

As for the JJ guy that wrestled the cougar...well, all I can say is that that cougar must have been sick or injured...possibly starving for the guy to have any sort of chance of subduing it. Those animals are incredibly fast, strong and agile..far more so than ANY human on the planet.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

While yes, Anderson appears to have used a submission...to be fair, he didn't win. The cougar had him beat, but decided to wander off. Had the cougar been set on killing Anderson, he had the opportunity. So personally, I don't think that proves that submissions work...

Like a midget at a urinal, I'm always on my toes

i agree, the cougar was no doubt in a sickly or injured condition, although IMO nothing is impossible for a human being, we dont have limits, only what ones that we set for ourselves.

style:wing chun

Don't try to predict the outcome of a fight. just let nature take its course.

pure and simple kick in the balls :wink: :lol: :wink:

I hate to break it to you, but that doesn't have the same effect on animals as it does humans. All you'd do is make them madder and more aggressive.

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"