• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

abcd

I make it a point not to hang around people who stir up trouble and I teach people the same. The first rule of self defense is to avoid environments with a high potential for conflict. If my friend did not start the trouble, I would help him. If I find myself with someone who is behaving wrongly, I tell them not to behave that way when they're with me because I don't want to get into a fight.

What works works

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Like Pineapple said, I make a point not to befriend people who would start a fight.

However, hurting my friends is far worse than hurting me. I am extremely protective, espeically with my female friends.

Passion transcends pain.

If your friend STARTS the fight, go up behind him and give him a big bear hug - and knock the wind out of him. Drag him out and give him a nice lengthy talk.

If your friend is attacked - the law says you aren't allowed to help. So stand between the two and if they come after you in the process, you're more likely to have less consequences.

But best of all, keep out of situations like that if you can.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.

If your friend STARTS the fight, go up behind him and give him a big bear hug - and knock the wind out of him. Drag him out and give him a nice lengthy talk.

If your friend is attacked - the law says you aren't allowed to help. So stand between the two and if they come after you in the process, you're more likely to have less consequences.

But best of all, keep out of situations like that if you can.

Where is it the law? It certianly isn't British law. If my mate was being raped and I went up and kicked the bloke's ribs in I am 99% certain that he would be tried and I would get away with no hassle.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

Because when you step in you're an unprovoked aggressor.

I'm not saying the judge won't let you go, just that it usually is enough to warrant a night at the station.

The game of chess is much like a swordfight; you must think before you move.