• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Is Death Touch (Dim Mak) possible?

I have personally used pressure points with success to make people become more compliant.

Please give details.

A minute of experience on the street is worth a year of training in the dojo.

If you can’t sprawl and brawl, you can’t street fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this for an example?

A classmate of mine (who was just a yellow belt at the time) took some time off for a security job in Iraq. He and his fellow cohorts came upon some insurgents with rocket grenade launchers.

They caught them by surprise, but they did struggle, and my friend employed a technique learned at the white belt level (Ki Bohn Soo #12 to be exact, for those who know what that is).

For those unfamiliar with KSW techniques, basically he grabbed his opponent around the waist, and jambed his thumb into his opponent's throat in the small indent just above your breast bone (just one of MANY pressure points). He said when he did that, his opponent essentially stopped resisting and my friend was able to slam him down to the ground on his back and control him.

Ya, no doubt about it, they work, even against a struggling opponent.

Dean

Dahn Boh Nim - Black-Brown Belt

Kuk Sool Won

"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow." - James Dean

In fact, even some boxers are looking into them, to try and get a KO out of their matches!
where did you hear that?

Through people in my organisation, and as one of them IS a professional boxer I have no reason to doubt him :)

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

How's this for an example?

Hmm, heavily armed Iraqis taken out hand to hand, sounds far fetch to me.

And “Ki Bohn Soo #12” sounds like a very basic choke.

In fact, even some boxers are looking into them, to try and get a KO out of their matches!
where did you hear that?

Through people in my organisation, and as one of them IS a professional boxer I have no reason to doubt him :)

All that I know about pressure points, I got from watching a George Dillman video. But I have boxed, and for the life of me I can’t figure out how one would make pressure points work in the ring.

Btw I can’t see how the triple warmer could work on the street either.

An example of actually usage was one person was holding on to another on the ground and refused to let go so I pressed the mendibular angle and that person released immediately.

Another time, I took a person down by pressing on the clavicle notch.

Again these are situations in law enforcement where strikes are limited due to the laws. If these were street fight situations, I would be kicking and punching instead.

What works works

Well, dude. If you don't even know what you're talking about, how can you argue that it won't work?

Please explain to those of us that don’t known, just how you use PP while wearing boxing gloves.

1. They are too deadly. If so then they aren't scalable so how o they fit within SD?

They aren't too deadly at all. They can be deadly - but they are definitely be scalable. If not, how would we train in them? There'd be dead Martial Artists all over the dojo! :dodgy:

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

We keep ending up running round this one again and again don't we ang?

PP's can work but the point is (I know I'm repeating Angela here but bear with me) they will not work practically on their own. You can not just teach someone 3 or four points and expect them to floor anyone fighting back. Like all things in this game they are part of a bigger picture.

Body movement is important (all agree on that one?) but on its own it is useless. Being able to hit hard is great but not if you can't get into the position to hit.

Points can be deadly BUT so can a slap in the head. so can a knee to the groin. (http://www.combatkyusho.com/articles/nutz.htm). If you whack a point too hard it can kill. They can (if used correctly) be very effective in a variety of ways (create a ko, weaken a limb, pain relex etc) but without the basics they are pretty much useless. But so is a punch if you can't do it properly.

As to pps through a boxing glove, it def can be done. It is harder than using without but if you are striking a surface with another you can hit a point. Its all about focus.

That help at all?

Dan

• 2 weeks later...