• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Opinions in best stance utilised in combat

I would have to say one that leads the attacker that I am not going to fight him.

Exactly!

Something like having a square body, feet shoulder width apart, one foot slightly forward, weith 50-50, both hands (with palms facing out) infront of your body just above chest height, elbows in is perfect. (very natural looking, which is what im going for)

Even saying "hey buddy, i dont want any trouble" is perfect.

Its very non threataning and can catch alot of people off guard, and its great to defend blows from.

This is of course if you get the chance to take a stance or whatever. Most fights dont start like "hey you, lets fight...take your stance". There usually isnt much time to think of what your going to do, you just need to do it.

Dane.

Remember, Never fight! But if you have to, don't stop.

Hand to hand, heart to heart

If you don't come, i will not start

But if you start, i will arive first

And hit you continuiously untill i see red.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Combat - one giant step above 'fighting' and if you are thinking of stances in combat, it's because you've already lost and have lots of down time in the hospital.

Not if you do not think.

kunta, what he's saying is that stances are transitory. You don't fight in a horse stance - you fight in all of them. Your foot work transitions you in and out of them as you move, strike, throw, etc.

Reason being: To many camera's (cell phones) to take pictures of two guys/girls fixing to fight. If we (MA's) have to really hurt some drunk/ meth head, its gonna look really bad when those pictures are shown in court. Yes, it was self D. Take a second and look at our stance.

As far as the Yang family Tai Chi goes, I would use play the lute as my on guard stance and depending on that techique/attack the agressor threw at me, I would act accordingly. As far as the best stance goes, I use different postues to do different techniques. I know 37 different moves with which to handle and attacker that come out of the form, but I also must ask myself, if this is a suprise attack or out of control fight, are stances going to matter? I would do whatever it took to stop the agression and get out of the situation quickly and safely.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."