• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Best MA Memories of 2004

Oh, man!

Aefibird, 2 questions:

-the sparring competition where you won but didn't have to fight, was it because you kept dodging or blocking the whole time?

-what happened after your instructor chipped a bone in your ankle?

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, man!

Aefibird, 2 questions:

-the sparring competition where you won but didn't have to fight, was it because you kept dodging or blocking the whole time?

-what happened after your instructor chipped a bone in your ankle?

Well, in the comp, my first & second round opponents didn't show, my third round opponent pulled out when she saw she was fighting me (I'd fought her before and won) and in the fourth round (the one for 1st & 2nd place), the competition was running waaaay over time, so the organisers asked if me & my opponent would mind sharing the first place, as it meant that they would gain some time back and be able to get another event on.

Plus, one of the judges had been called away, so they'd have had to have searched for another judge in a hurry.

Me & the other competitor didn't mind - we thought it was cool, and much better that there were two winners, than a winner and a loser. :idea:

As for the ankle - much swearing from me about that (it hurt sooo much). :D

He apologised, but I didn't mind - taking knocks is all part of martial arts IMO. Plus, we were all wearing regular clothing & shoes/boots as we were having one of our "street" sessions. Sensei was wearing his old pit boots from when he was a coal miner, so it might not have happened had we just all been wearing our karate suits.

I had a very impressive black bruise for a few weeks afterwards! I went to the doctor about my ankle and he bandaged it up for me. I just strapped it up really tight before training and carried on going to classes as before.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Wow! A coal miner, huh? That's craziness. But it's great that you worked through the pain. What a trooper! :D

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

2004 memories:

March 2004; AAU Southern Regional Qualifier:

My son and I place 1st in forms and my daughter places 3rd. Then all three of us placed 2nd in Olympic sparring and 1st in point sparring. The funny this is that we go to a dojang that only does Olympic sparring. We did the point sparring just for fun.

June 2004; Belt test:

Ross and I take our 4th and final part test for our 4th dan. We passed and were awarded our belts and in December we received our certification.

July 2004; AAU Youth and Adult National Championships:

My daughter places 3rd in forms and 1st in Olympic sparring. This was the top highlight of the year for me.

December 2004, weapons demo:

My kids and I prepare for and perform a weapons demo at a belt test where there was a large panel of 5th, 6th, and 7th dans judging three 5th dan canidates. Videos posted on the WEAPONS thread.

OH, and this....

KarateForums.com recognizes one member every month as the Member of the Month for their positive contributions to this community.

The October 2004 selection is... Kicks.

when you create the world's largest trailer park, you're going to have tornadoes

Wow, so many to list....

- Summer Camp: Lot's of great training, met some great people, bonded closer with a lot of students in our class.

- Our Big Seminar: Hard work, learned a lot.

- Training in a dojo far from home: Got to meet some really great people and got to meet up with someone I met from a previous tournament. I also got to see a different way of training.

- Training with Shihan Isobe: He trained some world class fighters. I can't say enough about this experience.

- Seeing everyone in our class improve: A lot of classmates made some important accomplishments this year.

- Fighting at Canadians: Great experience, plus I adored watching the open division fighters compete.

- All the after class get togethers: Always a lot of fun and a great way to bring everyone closer.

- The new babies: A few of the ladies in our class gave birth to some cute lookin' babies.

I look forward to what 2005 will bring!

- The new babies: A few of the ladies in our class gave birth to some cute lookin' babies.

...and have they signed them up to your dojo yet and bought them their first gi??? :D

Get 'em involved with MA right from the start!! lol :lol: :lol:

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

...and have they signed them up to your dojo yet and bought them their first gi??? :D

Well, one day in class I was partnered with Sensei's wife. The baby started crying so Sensei held the lil' guy while he was demonstrating some fighting techniques that he wanted us to go through. It was hilarious, the lil' baby looked so content :lol:

Not only that but Sensei motioned one of the students to return the technique back on sensei and stopped him mid kick and said with a big grin "You'd actually hit a guy with a baby!?" haha.

Well, one day in class I was partnered with Sensei's wife. The baby started crying so Sensei held the lil' guy while he was demonstrating some fighting techniques that he wanted us to go through. It was hilarious, the lil' baby looked so content :lol:

Not only that but Sensei motioned one of the students to return the technique back on sensei and stopped him mid kick and said with a big grin "You'd actually hit a guy with a baby!?" haha.

:lol:

Di'DaDeeeee!!!

Mind of Mencia