Dr. Flem

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, true shotokan karate is good for all aspects of the human realm. i have been in shotokan karate for two years and i train about four times a week. we do a lot with defense, but the problem is, is that it is only standning and not on the ground which is a bummer because eighty percent of fights goes to the ground.

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

Those are pretty good credentials, but for an introduction lesson you have to pay $15.00? Jesus Christ.

thou shalt not use the LORDs name in vain

shodan - Shotokan

Blue Belt - Jiu-Jitsu

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care the themself without that law is both. For wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live I will kill you, If I die you are forgiven-- such is the rule of Honor.

Hello Dr. Flem,

I started training traditional Shotokan about two months ago and I think it's one of the most important decisions of my life. I'm very happy with my sensei and the people I train with are great. 9th Kyu exam is coming up in February next year. Keep your fingers crossed :)

I'm also interested in kobudo but I want to wait a couple of years so I have the time to mature in karate.

Anyway, I'd say go for it and don't be afraid :)

Cheers

SainT

DR.Flem ,if you live in Australia there is a very good shotokan instructer by the name of ... I think "kwak" of german origin ,I read about him in a mag ,I followed the link to check the sensie you mentioned but it is not really possible to make a judgement .You see I have had this experience of spending 2 years at a club where I thought at the time that I was getting new grades easily so I felt good only to find out that at the new club where I joined I am not even good enough to wear the white belt around my waist ! so at Brown belt level, I started to do basic class all over again for the next 5 years together with the advance class which followed the basic class to grade for shodan.

What made it harder was I first had to forget the way I had learned to do things and then learn to do it correctly ! so it is important to make sure you are in the right place.

never give up !