• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Calling all Shotokan students

Dr. Flem

I've been training shotokan karate for a month. I train two times at dojo in a week, but I find that too small amount. I train very little at home, because I'm afraid that I do something wrong and learn wrong techniques. There are many things I should improve: for example concentration is important.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uhh.. you dont need much more then 1m² to practis at home, you can even practise kata in that space. My only problem is that i got ppl running all over the house and i dont like to practise with ppl watching but when im alone on my floor i always pracitse ^^

Extraordinary abilities can only come from extraordinary effort

uhh.. you dont need much more then 1m² to practis at home, you can even practise kata in that space. My only problem is that i got ppl running all over the house and i dont like to practise with ppl watching but when im alone on my floor i always pracitse ^^

Dear freddy ,does the name of your assosiation have any link to Kase sensie

8th dan JKA ?

never give up !

• 1 month later...

I've been training in shotokan for 16 years, I have a nidan with the Koshinrin Budo Kai. We also have a couple of full contact fighters and we run our dojo as a full contact dojo. We train in many traditional shotokan kata but also include some from shorin ryu.

I have been training in Shotokan for 11 years. I stopped grading between years 2 and 9 1/2. I am back in a dojo affiliated with the ISKF and grading. But its more to train with others, learn more about my art, and have real training from an active sensei.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Gichin Funakoshi in his book stated that everywhere can be a dojo.

Very true. If I'm stood in a long queue, being bored, I'll practice arem techniques, or maybe run through the foot movements of a particular kata. Or even just run through kata sequence in my head.

I often get some funny looks when I use techiques whilst out and about (shuto to open doors, anyone?? :D) but I once did a technique whilst out in public and got a big grin from a security guard in a shop. It turned out he trained in Chinto Ryu and would often practice 'on the job' in dull moments.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!