• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

summer camp

username237

does your local chapter have its own camp?

Here at Mountain States we have a 3 day camp in August that is sort of a mini-camp, but much easier for me since it's about 40 miles from home, and with Yaguchi Sensei (8th dan) and other top-notch instructors, it's bound to be an invaluable experience.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are they held over the weekend, or last all week?

or does it vary from camp to camp?

They are usually held over the weekend, starting either on Thursday or Friday. Just in our organization alone, I can think of at least 6 camps held annually off the top of my head in varying locations in the US. I'm sure if you ask your instructor he'll know of them (the best from what I've heard being Kyoshi Perry's camp near your neck of the woods every August). I can give you info and things on them, if you want (I'll email you later or something).

I think one of the strong points of our organizations is the cross-connectivity and networking across the country. Many of our kyoshi and senior instructors will travel to many of the camps throughout the year. I think its a great way to measure yourself against others as a "reality check", to learn from a great diversity of people (since every instructor has their own "style"...as all individuals do), and to have a fun time meeting and training with people.

Edited by Shorin Ryuu

Martial Arts Blog:http://bujutsublogger.blogspot.com/

We have one locally, yes.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu