• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Can anyone tell me about Shorinji Kan Jiu Jitsu?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ive never heard of it, but like I always say when someone asks if I've heard of something, that doesnt really matter that I have never heard of it. I looked it up on the net and say some pics from a school in Canada I dont know where your located at, you should go try it out and see if you enjoy it or not. If they offer a free class then take it and if you have fun then keep taking it.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I practise Shorinji kan jiu jitsu.

However early last year it went through a bit of an identity facelift.

It is practised by a group called the Jitsu foundation and is usually now referred to by the simple term "

jitsu" or "TJF jiu jitsu"

It's quite wide spread through the UK with many clubs at universities. It teaches jiu jitsu with emphasis on defence, with techniques ranging from Judo styles throws to more flowing techniques such as found in aikido. It pressure tests techniques by use of Vs where you are singly attacked by multiple opponents in a near continuous stream. How effective this is for real combat I'm not sure, however it definitely helps you drive through the adrenalin barrier.

Its also quite a formal style compared to other dojos I've studied with a strict hierarchy and lots of bowing.

I started at university and still find it an enjoyable martial art to study, and the breakfalling is a useful talent to have.

My advice try and see. What do you have to lose?

Mind, body and fist. Its all a man truly needs.