• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most hated/killer excersise?

Chinese Chair Squats

I hate this blasted excersize. The assistant instructor in the class is 4' 7" and weighs 70 lbs. soaking wet. I'm 6' 190 lbs and not quite as limber and agile as her. She however thinks that everyone in the class has over 500 training hours like herself and she forgets that exercizes that are easy to her are murder for anyone larger. She is the best assistant instructor at the school and a great martial artist, but boy she will sure wear you out. I hate chinese chair squats but they have made my legs much stronger.

"The journey of a 1,000 miles starts with but a single step."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're all lying down on the hard, wooden floor preparing to do crunches. Then our Sensei calls out to one of our green belts "How many should we do?" and he replies "Eight hundred."

please god tell me you slapped him!

you may freely give up your life, but never lose your honour

I HATE weighted lunge kicks (kneeling on one knee, standing and kicking all while holding ten pound dumbells...HELLLLLLL) So good for thighs and glutes, though. So, it's a love hate thing, really.

I really don't like pushups, though. I've been training for 3 years and push ups have not gotten easier for me. I still cant lower my body all the way to the ground (once inch from the floor, my sensei tells us.) If I bend my elbows beyond 90 degrees I crash my face into the ground. :kaioken:

NOT FUN!

Poor you :( I don't think I can do 800 crunches,but then I've never tried :lol:

I think leg lifts are the worst they kill my lower back.

Or mabe squats. Several times a girl chose squats for her exercize and even though she didn't count I swear we did 150-200. :bawling:

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of love, a spirit of power, and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

"I think leg lifts are the worst they kill my lower back."

Your back should be flat on the floor when doing leglifts, or else you can injure your lower back. Put your hands under your butt and your head in the air chin down to your neck, it makes it less likely to arch your back.

I especially love hate the version when you do leg lift and at the point when your legs reach 90 degrees to the floor you push them upwards in the air, now those can get nasty.

I love anything that is grueling!!! The weak ones are the ones that annoy me...

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say."

- Will Durant

Bear running down the dojo. For those unitiated, you run down the dojo on your hands and feet. But the legs can't have the knees bent much, so your rear end is high up in the air making it very difficult to watch where you're going and to control your limbs.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu