• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Most hated/killer excersise?

i would have to say i have two, but they both involve the same exercise. I do not like running or suicides! i hate them both with a passion!

suicide? even the name is scary. What are those in this case? :-?

I believe suicides are like shuttle runs. You start at one point and have to run maybe to a 20 foot mark, then back to the start point then to a 40 foot mark, then back to start point, etc etc. All as fast as you can sprint. Thats how we did it at least. The most leg burning and lung ripping sprint exercise Ive done! :kaioken:

The sand bringeth and the sand taketh away...

Disciple of Master Jules' Temple of Sand Dojo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My most hated exercise is what we call Wheelbarrows in the dojo. We partner up and have a partner hold our legs together as we crawl across the gym to the other side. Once we get to the wall we have to do 10 pushups. Hopefully it will get better as I get more conditioned.

The sand bringeth and the sand taketh away...

Disciple of Master Jules' Temple of Sand Dojo

I hate the "nightmare days". We'll do some sort of strength training, and if we whine...well...I ensure the little brats don't whine. After that, the only thing I ever hate doing, as a punishment (as a warm-up it's okay), is hearing the shouted words of "ON YOUR KNUCKLES!!!". I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. Usually, my kyu is in trouble for some fool thing or other, because they're misbehaving little brats. I don't do anything, I do what Sensei says, when he says to do it. Really. They whine, though...And okay, I'll stop, in the prayer that nobody from my dojo ever reads this post...

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Chin-ups, with palms facing away from you. In one previous dojo, one of the senseis, a fitness freak (in a good way), insisted that everyone do 2 regular chin-ups, followed by 2 chin-ups with your left leg raised, followed by 2 more with your right leg raised, 2 more with both legs raised, and then another 2 regular ones.

This excercise resulted in waking up the next morning with the arms and shoulders screaming in pain at first. As much as I disliked this excercise, though, it made those muscles much stronger, and my shoulder that ached before I had started at the dojo, no longer ached in that spot.

we do train tracks sometimes. That's where everyone lays down on their back, with their legs six inches off the ground, their arms streched over their heads, and then the person at the beginning runs accross everyone's stomach, then the next person goes, and the next, etc, etc. That continues until you reach the end of the gym, then you turn around and go the other way. You can go up and down the gym two or three times doing this.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

we do train tracks sometimes. That's where everyone lays down on their back, with their legs six inches off the ground, their arms streched over their heads, and then the person at the beginning runs accross everyone's stomach, then the next person goes, and the next, etc, etc. That continues until you reach the end of the gym, then you turn around and go the other way. You can go up and down the gym two or three times doing this.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

My sadistic sensei sometimes has us do an ab conditioning exercise I don't know the name of.

Basically one person lies on his back with head and legs raised a couple of inches off the ground.

Then his partner places one foot on the lying persons stomach and hops on and off. Paying special attention to drive his big toe deep into his partners solar plexus as he puts all his weight into it! Usualy 2 sets of 20 or 30 reps.

First time I did this I got a partner 15 kgs heavier than me.javascript:emoticon(':bawling:')[/img]

"Today is a good day to die"

Live each day as if it were your last

The one which gives me a cold chill down my spine,

We have to carry a partner of about the same weight and height on our back and move up and down the "dojo" floor in low stances. Really painfull if you went too low and are struggling not too fall backwards.

Why does everyone hate running? I hated it too at first but then last summer i found two really nice girls to run with and i really improved on my running ever since :brow: It's just a question of finding good motivation :wink:

oh the worst excercise we have ever done in our dojo was stand in seiuchin dachi for about 40 minutes while he walked around with a shinai and hit you in the legs if you came up an inch.

- Tao Te Ching

Oh, take that back, I thought of something worse. Marching lines. We do either a stance, or some sparring technique, or whatever it was Sensei says, all the way down the dojo, in lines, on the count. If you mess up, then you're in trouble. If somebody whines, it's push ups. If the lines don't stand in yoi while waiting for their turn, push ups.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu