• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Edged weapon (eg knife) defences

kickcatcher

See main post. If you use/learn more than one, which is best?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. See main post. If you use/learn more than one, which is best?

• Deflect and counter
    • Intercept and grab wrist for lock
    • Arm-wrap elbow control

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to take their balance while holding the arm in order for the person to not be able to fight back. They still have their other arm and legs to hit you with. So you'd better have the balance in your control.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Take their balance, yes..and coltrol the weapon at all times.

Also you want to stay to the outside of the arm that hs the weapon because they have less power and striking ability there than they do to their inside.

I find it very difficult to explain in type how to approach a lot of the questions that are asked about specific techniques. It's much easier to show than to type it. If people would just hop a plane and come here, I'd be glad to demo these things to them. :D

My nightly prayer..."Please, just let me win that PowerBall Jackpot just once. I'll prove to you that it won't change me!"

Usually I find that you have to study weapons in order to know how to handle a weapons attack effectively. Yes, I agree stay of the outside.

"It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who

are willing to endure pain with patience."

"Lock em out or Knock em out"

Hey thaiboxer, it depends as always the situation, it sounds good but if the guy is a true knife fighter he may have more than one blade, so in that case bad idea, if you grab the arm in a non controling area he will just crave away. If you grab a guys arm that has a knife in its hand try and get as close to the hand as possible or trap his arm to his body above the elbow one will require two hands the latter can be done with one hand and the other should grab his shoulder so you can employ knees and destroy the guy if you have his hand kick and destroy as if your life depends on it because it does. To be honest the safest thing to do even for trained knife fighters is to run.

Survivor