• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Marines

kimura_guy

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Kinda off the topic, but are you gonna join the marines? Im a former marine myself.

KG

Yes sir i am. As of June i will be entering the DEP

"Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise. Seek what they sought."

Basho

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill."

Sun Tsu

ITS NEVER TOO LATE, follow the below link to find out more info

https://www.goarmy.com

So obviously I was Army

Good Luck to you in the Marines, Joining the Service was one of the best choices I had every made!

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

Its not about being a drone, its about ensuring that each soldier has the mental discipline to follow orders because when the you know what hits the fan your going to have to rely on each other and work as a team and you cant have someone off freaking out putting everyones life in danger. Also it takes a whole army to win battles but it starts with the individual caring out their orders, inorder to reach the primary objective of the battle.

Either way its for some people and its not for others. The bad thing is that you really dont know if its really for you until your in and then your stuck either way. I was in luck and enjoyed it but I knew some who hated it.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

well sir i am hoping to get into PLC or another Officer Course. My dad was in the Navy for 20 years and all i know is the military life style and i love it. This is the first place i have lived in for more than 2 years.

Basho

"To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the highest skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the highest skill."

Sun Tsu

I was in the army before I joined the Marines. In my experience, the army was like a big fraternity, but in the Marines, its like they are your brothers. Im not putting the army down, but I enjoyed the Marines much better. IMGONNABEUSMC, do you know what you wanna do in the Marines? I was 0311 ande 0331. (Infantry and Machine Gunner). Good Luck. Let me give you a little advice. Make sure you are already in shape when you get to the Island. Keep me updated. Semper Fi.

It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

INFANTRY all the way!!!!!!!!!!

Infantry these days is an advance field, I got out in 2000 and we had some awsome technical toys to play with, now its even gotton more advance as far as the toys they give the Infantry to play with. Each job in the military has its purpose and is very needed, but imaging your job only consisting of training for Real World senerio's and most likley you will get to participate in a real world operation somewhere in the world thats the Infantry, while someone else might be off learing how to run a chow hall, or properly file papers or what every the Infantry is off blowing things up shooting as much ammunition as you can imagine, tossing gernades or you might even find yourself in a classroom reviewing map reading, combat first aid, how to give IV's, call for fire missions you name it, now its not for everyone, I mean you sleep on the ground in all types of weather your walking anywhere from 3 - 30 miles just to get to your next destination with ruck sack full battle rattle (all your equipment) but if its for you, you'll have the time of your life you will find yourself saying "I'M SICK OF THIS SH_T" but when its over you be thinking I cant believe I just did that, and you'll find yourself feeling good about it.

Okay now that I sound like a Recruiter for PROUD INFANTRYMEN everywhere I'll stop hahahahahaha

Good Luck to ya

BWAHAHAHAHA....I loved the shooting......there's nothing like throwing 500 rounds downrange through the M60, or chopping an oak tree down with the 50 cal. Not to mention that every other specialty in the military support the infantry. I got out in 96, and we had all kinds of cool toys to play with. I hear now that the infantry has portable computers that infantrymen wear, and you can IM other members of your squad, platoon, or company. Aint nothing like you and 11 other guys being miles out into the wilderness survivng on your own.

Ok, now I'm sounding like Shane, LOL.

Remeber IMGONNABEUSMC, infantry all the way.

Semper Fi

It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6.

Yes sir, i will keep you updated as i go along. In June i will be joining the Delayed Entry Program however my recruiter still lets me work out with DEP recruits. I will have a year of DEP before i am shipped to PI.

Basho

Sun Tsu