girlfriends: need help getting one

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo, whoever wrote to just walk up on a girl and kiss her must relize that with some Laws and Regulations in the United States that could simply turned into a court case... Take it slow my friend, you are young

Several bits of advice, from the girl's (albeit I'm a bit of an odd one, but this sort of thing can't be all that uncommon) point of view.

1. We are NOT trophies. We do not appreciate being treated like property.

2. Listen to us. We do have good ideas.

3. I would not try the kissing thing. It would just tick me and my friends off, and we all know karate.

4. Be our best friend in the world.

5. Be there when we need you.

6. Don't rule our lives. You try, you die.

7. Don't let your life become out life. You have your life, we have ours.

8. Let us keep our secrets to ourselves.

9. Have some confidence, you are not a lost puppy, are you?

10. Care enough to know when the relationship should be ended.

11. Don't push us farther than we want to go, in any terms.

12. Have patience.

Now, I'm 14 years old, nearly 15. I learned all that from one relationship. Just one. It went on since I was 13 years old, and only recently ended. But it's still not over, because we love each other too much to let it be. But we broke rules in that relationship, one's that I've said. That's what tore it apart.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

How is it crazy? It makes perfect sense! At least it does in my head....maybe there's a good reason my school thinks I need to be locked up?

Hey, any other girls, tell me if my advice makes any sense. It makes sense to me, apparently, but maybe not guys?

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

Isn't krzychicano a woman? Anyways, what do kids know about love anyways? I am only 19. I have been in one relationship my entire life, and that was my freshman year of high school. It lasted 7 months, and then as quickly as it began it was done. We are still friends, but I don't think we actually figured anything out. We were 14-15. Dating was just a "cool" thing. I don't think people really figure out love and dating until they are a bit older, and bills, jobs, student loans *ahem*, and other particles of life beigin dropping in their laps. I am not saying that at 15 years old you don't understand emotions, I just think you don't understand what love and devotion really takes. I don't think the realization of true commitment really hits you at that age. Some will say I'm wrong, who knows I may be. I just know that I am 19, and I guess I thought I had a good grasp of what love is, but experience is slowly changing that. I have written some great love poetry and unrequited love poems, but that doesn't necessarily mean I understand love. That just means that I am good at channeling my emotions into something as evocative as poetry. You're young people, I'm a young person, live a little and don't let something as petty as having a girlfriend/boyfriend or not consume your being. When I say live, I don't mean go sew your wild oates, I just mean live for you. Have some fun with your buddies, watch movies while you've still got the time, stay up late, enjoy being a kid. Enjoy not having to worry about financial burden. Be carefree while you can, because it goes pretty quick.

He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.

- Tao Te Ching

"Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain."

- Sun Tzu, the Art of War

I would hope so.

And sorry, I can't tell if people are guys or girls yet, unless it's about obvious. I haven't been around here very long.

And I assure you, some of us younger people can understand it. A bit too well, if you ask me. We didn't date because it was "cool". We did because we care about each other so much. Still do. And this, this was a crazy long distance relationship. Most of this happened while he was in AZ, USA, and I am in OH, USA. So no, I really don't think there was much going on here just to be "cool".

Anyway, in my opinion, some people our age can understand it. It just means you're more mature, or have gone through more in life. He was my best friend....heck, he still is my best friend, has been since 2nd grade. Some of us understand the absolute devotion it takes, and the sacrifice. Just....a lot of people our age don't.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm under 21 but old enough to know that girls should not tell men their age. It's more fun to let them guess.

Well, its not a lot of fun when you find out later she's only 17 and her dad is a cop.