• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

i want to ask your guys opinion on my bag scheduale all of these punches i workout with both right and left: jabs: 100x

cross:100x

hooks (from front):100x

hooks(from back):100x

also i lift weights. this is arm scheduale:

tuesday:barbell curls and skull crushers(double set)(i work volume on my work outs)

shoulder workouts(i forgot what there called)

friday:concentration curls

tricept dips

shoulder workout

on monday and thursday i do chest and back. it would be great if you gave your opinion. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

1. practicing singular techniques is okay, but you will benefit much more by punching in combinations. Don't worry about throwing a certain number of each punch. just throw them. three minute rounds. If you want, you can build up to combinations with eact progressive round. Here's an example of something I do:

round 1 - jabs only

round 2 - jabs and crosses only

round 3 - jabs, crosses and hooks

round 4 - all strikes

round 5 - all strikes and kicks

each additional round is all stries and kicks. During the 30 second "rest period" between rounds, I do something. for example, after round one, I will do as many squats as I can in the 30 seconds. after round two, I only throw body shots at the bag, nonstop. after the third, I throw elbows. after the fourth, knees. After the fifth, pushups. After the sixth, abs. Then, start over with squats.

As for weights, big arms don't help your punch. What will strengthen is are strong shoulders. you can do curls and dips, just don't expect your punch power to increase much because of it. Get your body mechanics right - between that and the heavy bag, you will build a strong punch. Weights will be an added benefit.

Do you actually train somewhere, or are you doing this yourself?

actualy cross i do do combos. i do them on sater days only. i think my speed and power has been improving. my brother just filled our bag with ton of bull#### to(sand and rags). he just made it as hard as a rock. i dont think itll help much cause all its doing is torturing our hands. but he thinks itll make our hands tougher. so i guess if it makes him happy its alright :D and yes seven star im mostly self taught. i sometimes get advice from my dad who was at one time a martial artist not world wide but he was blue belt in akido and black belt and karate.also ive heard that some self taught fighters became realy good.

Yea, the super, heavy, hard bag makes me happy.

And you first need to get your technique down first before you start adding power into your punch.

I keep telling you this but..well you still suck (caugh) i meen you still need to learn.

Your feet arent propelling you like they should your stance is wrong and you still bend over when you punch. :P

Your base is where your power comes from. :P

also you punch too slowly as if your lazy. if you train slow you will get slow, and you dont train enough. :P

why are you asking people to add power and speed when you dont whant to put the time into it. :P

that stuff comes over time :roll:

My fists are fire,

My arms are brimstone,

My legs are steel,

My heart is the furnace.

Rock--5ft'6 160lbs 15yrs old

actualy cross i do do combos. i do them on sater days only.

wtf? why? when you fight, you will be attacking in combinations. These should take precedence - they should not be done only once per week.

i think my speed and power has been improving. my brother just filled our bag with ton of bull#### to(sand and rags). he just made it as hard as a rock. i dont think itll help much cause all its doing is torturing our hands.

1. get some bag bloves.

2. the bag may be too hard for you at this time, considering you put sand in it.

3. you are self taught - your mechanics are likely bad.

but he thinks itll make our hands tougher. so i guess if it makes him happy its alright :D and yes seven star im mostly self taught. i sometimes get advice from my dad who was at one time a martial artist not world wide but he was blue belt in akido and black belt and karate.also ive heard that some self taught fighters became realy good.

by teaching yourself, you are merely ingraining bad habits into yourself. Where are you located?

yes, thats true....

im trying to get into classes so I can be tought but I dont think my machanics are wrong, I study on that stuff so I get it right (mabey a little but I dont notice) and the fact that my grades are bad and I cant go.

egg dosent want to go to classes...

Ok ill stop right there and I wont flame him because I got in trouble for doing that last time.

and where located lakland FL

My fists are fire,

My arms are brimstone,

My legs are steel,

My heart is the furnace.

Rock--5ft'6 160lbs 15yrs old