• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I very rarely get wound up

Ant

but I'm bordering on furious.

Here is my story.

Ordered a Gi from Blitz yesterday via the website. I emailed them to make sure they had the delivery address (my work) right and to confirm that it would arrive today as I need it for tonight. Paying an extra £8 for overnight service.

Needless to say it didn't show up.

I phoned at 12:30 and am told the computer is down call back later.

I called back later and was told that it had gone to my home address, now as I wasn't there the Gi got taken back to the courier.

I explained about the email and asked why it had gone to the wrong address, I was told it was the only address they had (this despite the email they sent me confirming the order had the right address).

20 minutes of the worst customer service I have ever experienced then happened and I am shocked that a company manages to keep customers if thats how they deal with issues.

Needless to say I wont be ordering from Blitz anymore, I will but Tokaido or some other brand in the future.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I've had quite a few bad experiences with Blitz recently, including one where I ordered a couple of belts for my lower grade students and they took over a month to arrive. :kaioken: :kaioken:

I shan't be using Blitz again either.

I'll be trying MA Warehouse instead! :D

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Take them to the small claims court - you should be reimbursed for postage and for the fact that you didn't get your goods when you ordered them. The local Citizens Advice Bureau should be able to help you if you decide to make a claim.

Good luck! I hope you get your money back.

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen some pretty good gis online at eBay for good prices, and I haven't had any bad tales from the six items I've ordered. The great thing with the sellers is you can check if they are a good seller (on time, what you ordered) or a bad seller (Blitz, I guess). Belts for students would be a different matter though...

"I think therefore I am" Rene Descartes

https://www.bbb.org may be able to help also, this may just be for the states.

here's a completely irrelevant story:

my wife ordered me a iron palm striking bag for valentine's day. she said that when she called to say it was late, it just rang and rang then some guy picked up with 'hello' she said 'is this (business name here)?' and he was like 'uhh...yea'.

the item is great quality though.

I've seen some pretty good gis online at eBay for good prices, and I haven't had any bad tales from the six items I've ordered. The great thing with the sellers is you can check if they are a good seller (on time, what you ordered) or a bad seller (Blitz, I guess). Belts for students would be a different matter though...

Well, what annoys me with Blitz is that it is only fairly recently that their standards have gone down.

Their equipment used to be top-quality - the first karate gi I bought from the is still going strong and looks great, even though it has taken some hammer and gets used as my 'grappling' gi.

It's just lately that their customer services seem to be very poor - slow to ship orders, poor telephone service when you call them, etc.

Also, I don't know if they've changed their manufacurer, but the quality of their equipment is also on the slide. A purple belt that I ordered for a student was found to be shorter than the specified size (by about 15cm!) and the colour of another belt was wrong. I also bought some "smartie" pads for the dojo (as club sec. I'm in charge of ordering new equipment) and I had to send them back as they were split on arrival. It took me over a month to get the money charged back to my credit card. :x

So, they've lost me and my dojo as customers. :(

Sheffield Steelers!

That is really infuriating!!! :kaioken:

At least you guys know not to use that company ever again. You could file a report or write a letter of complaint to them, if you wish. Sorry to hear you were so inconvenienced! :(

I personally would never order things online. I just don't trust it.

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My friend bought me some belts for when I passed my last grading well over two weeks ago .

He paid for express delivery and gave them my address as delivery address as he is in Wales and I am in Torbay. The belts didn't turn up. My mate phoned them and they said that the belts had been dispatched to him, but now they weren't sure where they were. They said that they would reissue some belts to me which would be here by Wednesday at the latest. Well I have still not received any so I just rang their "customer service" line. They appeared to be clueless as to what was going on, and told me the belts had been signed for by someone (I have no idea whom) so as far as they were concerned the matter was closed (what's the point of signed for service if they just give it to anyone???). She then contradicted herself and said to ignore that but that she didn't know what was going on so she would get someone to ring back, maybe later today but most likely Monday. The women seemed brusk and rude.... She also tried to initially make out that they didn't have my address despite the email sitting in front of me to the contrary!

I will most definitely not be using blitz again!

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum