• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sounds like an arm puncher to me.

Uh...ok...?

Since you listed your styles as American Tae Kwon Do and Sin Moo Hapkido, I didn’t think you’d get it. A boxer will know though.

A minute of experience on the street is worth a year of training in the dojo.

If you can’t sprawl and brawl, you can’t street fight.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like an arm puncher to me.

Uh...ok...?

I got it :)

As to what sevenstar said...the whole point of the thread was a scenario. If you want to dismiss talking about specific scenarios the entire thread is moot.

I was referring specifically to our latest comments - being hard to take you down and mine about there being no guarantee you would hit me - both comments are pointless.

I assume he means it sounds like you're punching with just your arms, which lacks the power of a strike using the whole body.

I think blaming the styles he takes for not being able to descipher your sarcastic jibes is pretty low, Str33t Guy. It's a bit like writing off a system because of a single fight or fighter.

Narrow Minded.

"...or maybe you are carrying a large vicious dog in your pocket." -Scottnshelly

not really. I work in IT. If I made a joke that were IT related, chances are that a politician may not get it. Likewise, if someone into quantam physics made a quantam physics related joke, I likely would not get it.

and so you say there are no whole body punching techniques in his styles so he wouldn't get it?

I had heard Hapkido was a highly respected and effiecient style, I must be mistaken?

"...or maybe you are carrying a large vicious dog in your pocket." -Scottnshelly

the term "arm punching" is a term associated with boxing, not with hapkido or american tkd. thai boxing has a type of front kick, but if a tkd guy says "Ap Cha Gee" would the thai guy understand? heck no. on the same hand, the tkd guy won't understand the term "teep". it's stylistic, that's all. By thinking of it as an insult, I think you are reading too much into it.