• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what would you do if you got caught of gaurd takled and thrown on the ground with some one one top of you? :o im just wondering cause i found out that when kids fight they dont fight on their feet they throw you on the ground! thats what happened at most of the fights at my school and i dont want that happening to me. please give some advice. :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

first off- study bjj if youre worried about that.

first thing you do in a bad position is keep yourself from getting pummeled or submitted (broken). next is improve your position. for example, if youre mounted, try to roll him (if theyre not trained they wont even know to put you in their guard, maybe you can get to mount) or get him in your guard or just push the hell out and escape.

after that, if hes in your guard you can maybe break an arm or sweep him and mount him, or if youre out you can stand back up, etc etc.

if you dont know what im talking about, thats okay- just find a gracie bjj academy.

what would you do if you got caught of gaurd takled and thrown on the ground with some one one top of you?

Try to escape.

I learned how to escape from a pin in Wrestling and Jujitsu. From what I know about Judo and BJJ, they are good for learning escapes from pins too.

im just wondering cause i found out that when kids fight they dont fight on their feet they throw you on the ground! thats what happened at most of the fights at my school and i dont want that happening to me.

To avoid going to the ground you must win the clinch. The above mentioned arts are good for learning how to win the clinch.

The two most common ways that people will try to put you on the ground are;

1) The shoot. The best defense against the shoot is to sprawl.

2) The bear hug. The best defense against the bear hug is the meztger

I learned the sprawl and meztger in wrestling.

Sometimes people will grab your clothing to throw you down on the ground. Judo and Jujitsu are good for dealing with the clothes grab.

A minute of experience on the street is worth a year of training in the dojo.

If you can’t sprawl and brawl, you can’t street fight.

Hello Nick

I spelled Metzger wrong, sorry.

Here is a link that shows the Metzger.

http://www.themat.com/coachescorner/technique/farsidemetzger/default.asp

The Metzger works on lower body (waist) attacks too. To defend step deep between your opponent's legs and push with your hands on his hips, this will make it difficult for him to lift you, and then do the Metzger as usual.

If they are sitting on top of your stomach area they have a great advantage and its not looking good for you. And if you are in this position while they are pummuling you your best bet is to try to grab for their collar or their neck and pull them into you. If they are in between your legs try to wrap your legs around their stomach/lower back, to keep them in your guard and stop them from moving. those are ways to protect yourself, but your best bet is to either get them off of you, or try to choke them out.

Ju Jitsu

Kenpo

Pressure Point Fighting

Capoeira

First of all its all going to depend on the situation of course. But if I'm thrown to the ground I want to either counter the throw which can be very hard if the one throwing you is very experienced and I want to keep ahold of my attacker because if I'm going to the ground so is he. On the ground you want to close that gap and not give them the room to strike at you.

A True Martial Arts Instructor is more of a guide than anything, on your way to developing the warrior within yourself!!!!!

keeping him close will indeed restrict his strikes, but ideally, I'd bee looking for a sweep, upa or other technique that would end up with me being able to get back to my feet quickly, assuming that he is on top of me and is either in my guard or mounted.

also, you must realize that a submission is a break, choke, etc. When he said "be careful not to get submitted", that's what he was referring to. He even typed (broken) after it to further clarify what he was saying.

Edited by SevenStar